By Anonymous - 29/01/2011 11:55 - Canada

Today, it was my birthday. My boyfriend had been telling me for the past two weeks that he had something planned for the occasion. His plan? Me watching TV with his parents, who hate me, while he went to work. His gift? A brand new Xbox 360 for himself. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 947
You deserved it 4 131

Same thing different taste

Top comments

UnprecendentedAw 0

What a douche. You should have left to go out with your friends.

Comments

If I were you I'd sell my new xbox and look for a new boyfriend while I'm at it.

and you wonder why you're single I bet...

gusgus36 5

worst birthday ever. that's so selfish and thoughtless and inconsiderate of him. unless he realizes the error of his ways and makes up for it in a huge way, dump him!

She's not? You're so stupid. She said "My Boyfriend". L2Read.

For one, how long have you been dating? You're making yourself out to sound like you're greedy. So what if he got an xbox, play it with him. Games can actually be pretty fun for couples. Otherwise maybe he did have something planned and was going to do it after work. stop whining.

Also maybe his gift was for you to work on a relationship with his parents? Point is, you don't really need a gift do you? My boyfriend got me a gift card for my bday and I was satisfied with that. Just saying.

Heliol 8

First off, it doesn't seem like OP is just upset that he didn't buy her something but that he bought himself a gift worth over $200 and didn't spend time with her after two weeks of boasting that he made plans for her birthday. Also he just left her with his parents who don't even like her. You say she sounds greedy for being disappointed that he not only spent over $200 on himself and just left her alone instead of taking her somewhere and being with her but I bet you wouldn't be happy either. You say you were happy with a GIFT card like if that makes you not greedy, well would you have been happy if he didn't get you anything at all because he bought himself something really expensive and left you with people that don't like you (and therefore who make you feel uncomfortable to be around)?

I still would have been happy even if he didn't get me anything. I don't know if you read all that I had actually posted, as I said before maybe he left her with his parents so maybe they could learn to get a long or like eachother. The thing I wanna know is how long they've been together for.

If you're ok with not getting anything from your boyfriend for your birthday, then that's fine. But it doesn't make her greedy for being disappointed - she has every right to be disappointed if he misled her into thinking that he was going to do something special. And sure, it would be great if the parents could learn to like her; but that doesn't really fly as a "birthday present."

Heliol 8

I still think she has a right to be disappointed because he had been saying for two weeks he already had something special planned and to her it's not being left alone with his parents. I doubt anyone would feel that a special surprise is being left with people they feel don't like them, even if it's to get better acquainted. That could happen some other day since it was probably awkward without him there.