Grateful

By Anonymous - 21/04/2023 06:00 - Australia - Taren Point

Today, it's the day after my birthday. My boyfriend got me nothing. Nor did he do anything for me for Valentine's Day. Whereas I got him an $85 game for his birthday, planned a surprise visit to his family so he could see them and his pets, and spent all day Valentine's Day making the house spotless, as well as cakes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 915
You deserved it 244

Same thing different taste

Top comments

alw123 3

If he otherwise contributes equitably to the household chores and expenses and does his share of emotional labor, it’s possible he personally doesn’t consider birthdays and valentine’s as significant gift giving occasions and didn’t realize that you do, in which case an honest conversation about it may help. HOWEVER, if this is a reflection of how he is in other aspects of your relationship as well, it may be time to throw the whole man away and find someone who appreciates you.

Comments

alw123 3

If he otherwise contributes equitably to the household chores and expenses and does his share of emotional labor, it’s possible he personally doesn’t consider birthdays and valentine’s as significant gift giving occasions and didn’t realize that you do, in which case an honest conversation about it may help. HOWEVER, if this is a reflection of how he is in other aspects of your relationship as well, it may be time to throw the whole man away and find someone who appreciates you.

Sonotsuave 35

Two words, dump him. He doesn’t care about you in the same way. To **** up not one holiday / special event but two is pretty crazy.

Dump him. I wasted years on a wanker like that. When someone can't be bothered to put the effort into getting you even a birthday card, they're leeching off you. Save yourself the heartache and go find someone vastly more caring. Just walk away. He's not worth your time and effort. Don't waste anymore of it on him.

And what did we learn from this???