By blah - 01/02/2010 06:43 - France

Today, it's officially been two weeks since I found out I have mono. It's also been two weeks since anyone has visited me, called me, or even emailed me. The real kicker? I'm now fired from my job because they can't believe I can have mono twice in one year. I guess I'm just lucky that way. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 247
You deserved it 3 723

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I had mono and it's horrible. People shouldn't act like that. You don't even do anything and you get it. And you can only get it once in most cases. Fyl indeed for having people in your life who don't understand. And first, who cares If your first? And then you add ew? You're lucky you've never had it.

Comments

I've experienced pneumonia and mono back to back, I know your feels.

I don't think you can mono twice, it's like chicken pox once you have it once your body can defend itself from the symptoms

Besides the whole can/can't get mono twice conundrum... Most places in the states have FMLA, if you are a full time employee, and have been with the company over a year. It protects your job for up to 12 weeks if you or an immediate family member that you are responsible for (spouse, child, parent) becomes gravely ill. If you were injured, or in this case, infected, on the job (which would rather hard to prove in your case) the it can be longer. If you have FMLA at work, then you should speak to your benefits coordinator. If not, then I am not sure how you expect a company to hold your job for you indefinitely. Many people with Mono are on bed rest, or light routine for weeks due to the excessive tiredness and enlarged spleen. Best of luck and hopefully you feel better soon!