By picaru - 21/06/2009 18:00 - United States

Spicy
Today, is the first day of my honeymoon. It has been 6 years since I took a "real" vacation. We have 3 kids and a small house, and now we have 9 days alone in random hotels to do what couples do on their honeymoon without kids... Day one, I got my period 7 days early. FML
I agree, your life sucks 84 466
You deserved it 5 328

Same thing different taste

Top comments

how does she deserve this? xD Like really. YDI for being a woman, YDI for leaving your kids.. I wonder what stupid excuses will come up for YDI xD

That sucks. Mother nature is awful. Hope things'll look up soon.

Comments

alliemi 0

Wow 99, that's not really what it was about. OP isn't "throwing a fit", just expressing dismay at her unfortunate luck over something she was looking forward to. You're being a little harsh.

I'd say either do it anyways on a towel of some sort, or just do it in the shower. And if your new husband guy was there for the births of his 3 children, he's more than likely already seen big bloody messes so I'm sure he'll be OK with it.

Nothing wrong with premarital sex, but why would you bring people into the world without first having a secure situation for them? That's just selfish.

kiwistrwbry08 0

It'll be all right. It's never pleasant to have your period, and I can imagine how disappointed you must be that it's on your honeymoon, but I'm sure your husband will understand. :) Also, for everyone that is faulting the OP for already having kids, sorry, but you need to get over it. Some people choose not to get married ever, but still have children, and other times they just delay marriage because of personal issues. Just because the OP has kids, doesn't mean that she's some terrible person, who had sex too early. People have their own personal beliefs about premarital sex, and if someone else's beliefs aren't the same as your own, you need to accept that. Seriously, it's her life, and obviously she CAN deal with the consequences, because she's married now and is raising three children. She's allowed to have a break. Also, for all we know, this could be the OP's second marriage. She could have gotten a divorce, met a new guy later who stepped in as a father figure for her children, and thinks of him as their father because he's played the bigger role in their life. And, like many others have said, oral contraceptives aren't for everyone. They don't work for everyone, and sometimes the side effects can be worse than just having the period itself. Anyway, to the OP: I hope that you don't have it too bad on your period. You can just put down a towel, or in the shower, as others have said, and you can focus on the fact that you're getting to spend quality time with the man you love :) I hope that you have a wonderful honeymoon, despite nature's surprise!

id0nTgiv3af___ 0

i am so sorry. you have my empathy.

tje210_fml 0

dude, who the **** cares? towel, or in the shower . . . it's literally all the same if not better.

Cerauno 0

I pray your husband isn't squeamish, but there's always the shower. At least you'll have a couple blood-less days at the end.

platypuscatrat 0

who cares, people have sex on their periods all the time, a little messy, but just as fun, and it helps relieve cramps!

UsingLogic 0

I think #144 was replying to #143.

MsSippi 0

That blows. Regardless of whether or not you have sex, it sucks you have your period for your first real vacation in six years. The sex part just adds to the disappointment really. And I understand not wanting to have sex on your period. Some people might be down with that but it definitely grosses me out, personally.