By ashamed - 22/02/2017 16:00 - United States - Brooklyn

Today, in an effort to be more healthy, I bought a pack of protein bars as a substitute for snacks. I ate all 5 of them in one sitting. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 172
You deserved it 4 334

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Normally, FMLs require a little humor or a twist; yours just sounds depressing.

They usually have a fair amount of fibre in as well so be prepared for a reaction from your butt end at some point in the near future.

Comments

Ah OP some people deserve to be fat! Anyway which bars were these? I find most protein bars really difficult to get through and that's just the one!

I normally don't comment but op, it's seriously dangerous to eat that much protein in one sitting. Your body isn't meant to digest that much. Please don't do that again

Well, at least now you know they actually taste good. Or so I would assume, based on context. Now to work on self-control, because apparently that's the deeper root of the problem. It's hard, but if you want it bad enough, you can do it!

Here's a few tips: smaller but more frequent, high protein meals. Have breakfast (eggs, bacon/sausage), snack (unsalted nuts, vegetables), lunch (chicken/pork/lamb/turkey) and a vegetable, snack (protein bar, nuts), and dinner: again, mostly meat,

neuronerd 28

Only if you're drastically cutting carbs too (definitely less than 50g/day, preferably less than 20g). That diet with carbs is a recipe for weight gain.

izzibelle 8

How can you even do that?? You have to drink 2 full glasses of water, at least, after each one, because otherwise you get stomach pains. Not to mention they fill you up, together with that water, for at least 3/4 of a meal if not a full one. How could you possibly eat 5 and not vomit them up or feel sick or have any sort of side effects?

Ugh, protein bars taste like garbage. You got taste buds of steel OP.

they aren't really a healthy option to begin with so yeah probably not good!

Honestly though even if you only have one, protein bars aren't as healthy as people think. Yeah you get more protein but they usually have a lot of carbs. I mean it's good to get extra carbs in if you're working out but not so much if you're just snacking. Also many store bought bars have a ton of added sugar (which also adds carbs).