By FUCK - 22/07/2013 18:29 - United States - Chicago

Today, I won an award for Employee of the Month. Shocked, I asked my boss if he'd gotten my name mixed up or something. He had. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 305
You deserved it 10 887

Same thing different taste

Comments

jstorie95 8

That is the equivalent of correcting the teacher when he/she gave you a mark for something wrong.

It's always funny when the teacher adds the mark instead of being forgiving and thanking the student for being honest.

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

Depends on what mark he/she was giving me and what I'd actually be getting...

Wowxoxo 17

Well it's better that you figured it out yourself rather than your boss having to awkwardly tell you later OP.. Nonetheless, don't be discourage and try to earn it next month!

You know that idiot who pointed out to the teacher that she "forgot" to give out homework? There's one in every class. You must be THAT idiot.

Brightbulb 39

Or the idiot who points out that the teacher had an answer incorrect on the homework lowering everyone's score.

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

If your class didn"t have that Idiot, you were that idiot

thatgirlkat 9
TaniasaysFMLL 15

Haha, even though that sucks, I'm gonna have to say YDI. Shouldn't have said anything :p

Its like asking youre parents whether or not youre allowed to do something. If you ask an they say no, its set in stone If you dont ask, you can pull the "well I didnt know" card.

No, that doesn't work. Ever heard "ignorance is no excuse"? Let's use your logic. Let's say I didn't know murder was a crime. I knew it was morally wrong, but not that it was illegal. Saying "I didn't know" would never pass as an excuse for doing it.

I think OP is referring to the general school of thought that 'it's easier to apologize than to ask permission'. Also, I have to take issue with a statement that murder is morally wrong. There is nothing that is inherently moral or immoral. Just the filters of personal perceptions that make it so.

Thats completly different. Im going with examples like you want to visit an abandoned house or something, and realizing your parents wouldnt like it, yet.you dont confirm that.

I agree with all these ydi comments....you shouldn't have second guessed yourself but at the same time I respect your honesty.

AtomicDiamond87 15

Sorry to great...better luck next time.