By jkl54 - 01/04/2009 00:07 - United States

Today, I went with my girlfriend to the mall. We were looking at jewellery in Zales and she came across the engagement rings. She looks at one and says, "Are you kidding me? That ring is hideous and it's the most expensive one here! Who the fuck would buy that?" Well, that would be me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 68 866
You deserved it 6 532

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Return and exchange! Choose one she liked! If she has to wear it her whole life it better be something she doesn't think is "hideous".

Comments

It's a ******* round piece of godamn metal they charge you an insane amount to put a shiny rock in. She doesn't have to wear it forever if she doesn't want to. Guys hate shopping, if he bought the most expensive one, good for her. #10, #26, #30, and #28, with your attitudes you'll be lucky to get hitched at all. I hope the only ring that anyone invests in you is a Nuva-Ring so we wont have to deal with your spawn in a decade.

#26 that would kind of ruin the surprise of a proposal don't you think? if the girl is worth marrying, if she doesnt like the ring she will be cool with you returning it and help pick out one she likes. #32 that was probably the most hilarious thing i've read all day :P and to the OP, this sucks but just take it back and get the one she likes.

She only says that because she thinks it's the best one there!

LOL #12 Pay attention to her style of jewelry? I'm a female, and even I don't notice that kind of crap. If you don't know what kind of jewelry your SO likes, then that means you're not meant to get married? Obviously because material things like that are what matter most. What about women who don't usually wear jewelry? How should men freaking decipher that? If you want a certain kind of ring, just say it. Next time you're at a store or looking at a catalogue, just say "this is the style I like." Christ.

#12 yeah. PROB not necessarily after 3 months since you can't really put a time on a relationship, some times it may take longer to know someone depending on their personality.

I agree with #17. Also, to all the people saying she has to wear the engagement ring for ever and ever and ever... of course you would keep the ring forever, but is it really that meaningful to wear after the wedding? I think at that point the wedding ring would mean more and the engagement ring is just kind of redundant... "Look, we were engaged!" Well, yeah, and then you got MARRIED.

Engagement rings are a relatively big deal. Most women have them melded together with the wedding ring, so if they want to wear theirs like all of the other women who's fiancées actually cared enough to pick one out rather than buy the most expensive one at a dime a dozenl chain jewlery store, they will be wearing it their whole lives. If you can't put up with shopping long enough to find something the person you love would like, then please never enter into a relationship. Or ask your mother/grandmother for theirs, family heirlooms are way more significant than things from the mall, and antiques are way cooler. And free. So basically no, she should not just be grateful that it was expensive. But really, if she loves you and is not a materialistic bitch, she will love the ring just because it came from you. Hopefully you don't betray that love by not putting any thought or care into the selection at all. It goes both ways.

You deserve that just for going to Zales.

larsonbp 0

your fault dude. if your gonna marry someone, at least know their taste in jewlery a little better.