By kelly.duggan - 21/04/2014 04:03 - Canada - Carleton Place

Today, I went to get an ultrasound done. I texted my ex, who's the father, and told him how adorable its little feet are, and asked him why he didn't come. I got a reply with two words: "DNA test". FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 667
You deserved it 11 830

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well if that's what it takes to prove to him it's his, I'd say do it. It's hard being a single mom.

Well unless you gave him a reason to think otherwise, guy sounds pretty immature. If you can have sex you should know the consequences of it also

Comments

well if it comes out looking like a douchebag hes definitely the father

You honestly expect your ex to be happy about becoming a father without having a say in it?

I'm pretty sure when he had sex with her, he was fully aware that accidents happen and sometimes, children are those accidents. So he lost his say in it when he made the decision to have sex, just as she did, most unfortunately for both parties involved. I don't know where society gets this idea that if a woman gets pregnant by accident, she must have done something wrong; it takes two to tango, dude.

kingdomgirl94 29

So poor people shouldn't ever have sex? Great logic there. Honestly, like I said, its better to pay for now and get your money back in the event that its not his kid. I'd rather spend money on a kid and get it back later than stupidly spend extra money because I'm too suspicious and impatient to wait until later.

I've had two friends have a similar situation happen too. The female friend, her ex behaved just like this refused to have anything to do with her or the baby until there was a DNA test. She wouldn't even discuss it with him, so he eventually stopped responding after telling her the next time he wanted to hear from her was when she'd set up the test time or had a time free for him to sent up the test. The male friend, most devoted soon to be father ever. Made it to all the appointments, worked extra hours to help pay for baby stuff, and stayed with her most nights for the first two months to take turns with the baby. Right after the first birthday some other guy comes in claiming that is really his daughter. When the DNA tests came back on both my friends baby's neither guy was really the father. Female friend, the real father is a one night stand that gave her fake info and she also believed you couldn't get pregnant after one time. Male friend, the girl started sleeping with the other guy (who looks kind of like him) to get pregnant and force him back in her life. Has my male friend seen a dime of the money back? No. Is my other friends ex out thousands of dollars? No. Moral: DNA tests are a very reasonable request. Also, one night stands are rather risky.

He doesn't want to be a part of the kid's life. You made your choice, now live with it. Harassing him isn't going to make him fall back in love with you.

I doubt this is about making him fall back in love with her, it seems more like it's about getting him to be involved with the child. A DNA test is a perfectly reasonable request but if it turns out the child is his, he should at least make an effort to be a part of its life. Plus I'd hardly call sending a text "harassing him".

I'd give him the DNA test, since that's a reasonable request, but just keep this in mind for future reference. Don't get me wrong; asking is totally reasonable, but if at some later date he wants back in to your life, think about why he's an ex before you jump at the idea. Good luck, and congratulations, OP. =)

I had a quite similar situation my son will be two still no sperm donor or child support DNA doesn't mean he will be the daddy or pay up