By Sam - 04/03/2010 15:51 - United States

Today, I went out to eat with a group of couples and my boyfriend. All my friends boyfriends paid for them. Mine didn't, and said that I should order off the diet menu. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 959
You deserved it 5 633

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why should he pay for you? Do you switch off paying? Do you not have a job? He was wrong in calling you fat, but you were wrong expecting him to pay for you.

boatkicker 4

He doesn't have to pay for you, and unless he said he would, you shouldn't expect him to. But if he's not paying for you, then he doesn't get to decide what you eat. And it's certainly never polite to tell someone they should be on a diet.

Comments

Erindub 0

What an ass. I'd definately have a chat with him later when we got home. Its not nice what he said to you in front of your friends.

Well... this situation depends on 2 things. 1. he's broke and can't afford a meal. or 2. he's a greedy biatch if it's 1 than there's nothing to do about it, if it's 2th, than FYL INDEED!

Diannaa 0

lol 2th. Pronounced secenth?

GUYS! THIS VIDEO IS THA SHIIT! http://www.doritosviralocity.ca/gallery/videodetails.aspx?v=84314 Doritos Viralocity! do it!

Why should he pay for you? Do you switch off paying? Do you not have a job? He was wrong in calling you fat, but you were wrong expecting him to pay for you.

vansbabe66 0

douche for not paying. mean comment about the diet

boatkicker 4

He doesn't have to pay for you, and unless he said he would, you shouldn't expect him to. But if he's not paying for you, then he doesn't get to decide what you eat. And it's certainly never polite to tell someone they should be on a diet.

TandJHire 0

LMFAO that would be halarious I would love to see a girl bring a man down like that expecially if he is an ass!

letitbe56 0

Well, it was awful of him to say the thing about the diet menu, especially in front of your friends. But honey, it's 2010. Expecting a man to pay for the meal every time you go on a date is sexist and disrespectful to him. You need to treat each other with equal amounts of respect, or else you'll have a hard time having a truly happy relationships. This means that YOU pay for the date just as often as he does. Or you can split it every single time, but I personally think it's more romantic to just switch turns paying :) My BF was resistant to the idea of me paying for a date at first, but in the end, it shows that I don't assume he's going to take on the financial burden of the relationship just because he's a man, when the truth is I can afford it more than he can.

TandJHire 0

Okay so I don't know if this is a YDI for being fat because I don't know if you are or not. Or FML for having a jackass of a boyfriend....

He's a dick, but at least he was honest. Just say something dickish back to him next time.