By Anonymous - 12/03/2015 03:19 - United States - Watertown

Today, I went on a date with a guy I met online. It was going OK, until he started asking me if he should stick with the site until he finds the right person. I guess I know how he feels about me, at least. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 650
You deserved it 2 907

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well now you know that he isn't your right person either. Don't give up hope OP :)

Better to find out now then after putting a lot of effort into it first. Good luck OP you will be fine.

Comments

friendzoned on the first date? thats a record..

DaEpicTaco 13

There's more people in this world don't worry

DeathBunny8 9

Why is everyone calling the guy names? If you go on a date with someone you met online and that person is not for you, being honest with them about it doesn't make you a bad person.

Cozy_Blanket 16

Exactly. He would have been a jerk if he had strung op along, but can't get upset at him if he didn't have a connection with op.

BubbleGrunge 18

Plus, I feel as if this dude was trying to encourage OP in discussing the possibility of another date. Sometimes people say things that come out all kinda wrong. I have that problem a lot of times. People are so quick to judge.

You nailed it #25. It could have been a creep and messed your life up. Hang in there OP.

OP, maybe it was his awkward way of asking you if you liked him. It could have been a miscommunication. Still it sounds like you didn't click but next time don't assume the worst.

We pour champagne and expensive wine in water guns; and shoot each other

ajs1987 15

I need clarification, was this your first date with him? I met my girlfriend on match.com, and I wasn't 100% sure about her after our first date either, and I kept my profile open until we made it official. Yeah, that was a stupid thing that your date said, but don't be so upset if this was your first date with him.

He's asking if he should delete his account since he met you... which he shouldn't until you guys are official. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

with that mentality, he'll always look for the "right person" so when he finds her he'll dismiss her thinking she's not the one.