By cricketsins - 11/08/2013 07:28 - United States - Smyrna

Today, I was walking along the beach at night with my family. A huge wave came up and knocked me over. When we got to the van, I realized that the keys that had been in my pocket were now in the ocean. Our cell phones, shoes, and money were in the van. We had to walk three miles to our hotel. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 943
You deserved it 6 913

cricketsins tells us more.

OP here! Just to clarify: Waves knock people off their feet easily. We weren't lazy, we just didn't want to walk barefoot through a place covered with broken beer bottles and vomit. We couldn't break the window because the van had an alarm system, plus it was a nice van and we didn't want to harm it - especially if we were perfectly capable of walking to the hotel and dealing with it the next day.

Top comments

At least you didn't drown or something because all those things are replaceable, you are not.

Redoxx_fml 22

Comments

If only this website had a way of expressing that without making a pointless comment...

Hey Ryan! I just discovered a button that allows you to express that. What a discovery

#1, you don't say? Maybe they should put it on FML. Oh wait.

Wow 3 totally pointless comments! And they were all SUCH good come backs.

I agree with #73. These "if only there were a button for that" comments are annoying as hell.

xKeroseneHearts 9

I really don't get why people downvote comments like this. He's just saying that it sucks. Get over yourselves and stop with the sarcasm. >.>

At least you didn't drown or something because all those things are replaceable, you are not.

gzmn91 6

True. No one got hurt so you'll live, Op. Its one thing for people to screw you over by stealing, but in this case there was nothing you could do.

"...the huge wave that knocked me over also carried my brother away with it, but oh god our cell phones!"

#10- What are you talking about? Of course there is something OP can do...All that OP has to do is to collect all of the water, call some aliens, and have them take all the earths water. (Trust me, I've seen enough movies to know that this will work.) Then OP can find the keys. (Of course I'm not being serious)

Fair enough! Walking without shoes did suck, though.

zgomon 10

One could have broke a window and hot wired the car. That's if you wish to buy a new window, but I'm lazy like that.

They were not in any real danger sooooo.

#54: The van had an alarm - Plus none of us are very savvy in the ways of hotwiring lol.

I don't get it, OP. if you were walking on the beach, how could a wave come and knock you over? Waves that huge don't just spontaneously happen? I'm probably missing something really obvious haha

hcollins1 18

OP and family were walking on the beach alongside the ocean. Even if the wave wasn't that big, the undercurrent is strong enough to pull people in.

Redoxx_fml 22
rudegirlmania 10

The King of the North cannot say that!!

Redoxx_fml 22

Well I have a direwolf for a head now so...woof?

flockz 19

the sea remains wet all day everyday and has the aroma of salty fish.

jogihoppa8343 23

hey what's wrong with your boobs as one apears to be bleeding while the other one is bandaged ???

xStaciexLynnx 15

#4- I feel like you've never walked on a beach at night. You don't generally stare at the water, you walk along it.

Thanks for having my back, you guys. ;)

The moonlit sea seems like a sight to enjoy, but okay.

hcollins1 18

99, if I were sitting on the beach, then yes. The moonlight on the ocean would be something to enjoy. But if I were to walk on the beach, I'd rather look where I'm going than stare at the ocean reflecting the moonlight.

Life_is_FML 22

Well that shore is a wave of bad luck. I sea why you'd be angry, but you don't need to be crabby. Whale, your life sucks OP.

I don't know what I'd do in that situation...hopefully you were close enough to home that someone could bring you a spare key? Or maybe it was a rental car? Because it sounds like you're on vacation. Hope it worked out for you, OP!

We were on vacation at Myrtle beach. We had no spare, it was our van, and since it was computerized and had an alarm, we couldn't even call a locksmith. The dealership had to come and completely replace the ignition and reprogram the alarm system... It was very expensive lol. I definitely didn't let it ruin my vacation.. But let's just say that once I realized what happened, I cried.

Ouch that's rough.. Well at least it did ruin your vacation and everything is better now

Wow! That is rough...but I'm glad you got through it and your vacation was (is?) still good! :)

belalawad15 2

That's hilarious sucks for you

Epikouros 31

Oh well, your money and your cell phones will probably be stolen anyway, if you left them in your truck.

The positively in this comment is unexplainable ...

xStaciexLynnx 15

They were in a van and I'm sure they weren't just sitting there on the dashboard with the doors unlocked.