By cricketsins - 11/08/2013 07:28 - United States - Smyrna

Today, I was walking along the beach at night with my family. A huge wave came up and knocked me over. When we got to the van, I realized that the keys that had been in my pocket were now in the ocean. Our cell phones, shoes, and money were in the van. We had to walk three miles to our hotel. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 943
You deserved it 6 913

cricketsins tells us more.

OP here! Just to clarify: Waves knock people off their feet easily. We weren't lazy, we just didn't want to walk barefoot through a place covered with broken beer bottles and vomit. We couldn't break the window because the van had an alarm system, plus it was a nice van and we didn't want to harm it - especially if we were perfectly capable of walking to the hotel and dealing with it the next day.

Top comments

At least you didn't drown or something because all those things are replaceable, you are not.

Redoxx_fml 22

Comments

perdix 29

While I've heard the North Atlantic can be quite rough, it's nothing compared to the violence and greed of the Tennessee Ocean!

Yarr, ghost tales be told of the Rocky Mountain seas! They've claimed the lives of many a poor iPad..

Rofl. This actually happened years ago - at myrtle beach. But you win.

Myrtle beach rocks! I go there almost every year for a week. But the waves will knock you over if you're not careful.

This is precisely why I'm always crazy paranoid when I know I have something important and I'm near the ocean. I'm sorry about that OP, that really sucks.

Well what do you know, the beach is a bitch. I hope you didn't let that ruin your vacation.

Sinamoi 18

I can't even get into the ocean or a pool without checking my pockets a bazillion times. Call it force of habit, but it's better than losing something in the water. But then again you were walking on the beach itself so I could see how not checking your pockets could have been a thing.

hntandjlt 8
bach2121 13

I'm wondering if you'd brought a spare key along, since I'm assuming you were on vacation.

Hey at least it wasn't your cell or money, that still blows though.