By Anonymous - 11/03/2014 00:26 - United Kingdom

Today, I was waiting at the bus stop and noticed a girl that I played netball with. I ran across the road to meet her and she ran across the car park to meet me. We hugged and looked at each other slowly backing away as we both realised that we didn't know each other. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 725
You deserved it 7 450

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Since you both made the mistake, maybe you both can laugh about it and become friends.

Awkward on both parties! Get her number ;)

Comments

Just go with it. This maybe your only chance to have a fairytale love story meant to be life.

You do know that netball is generally only played by girls? I suppose OP could be a lesbian...

Sounds to me as if it's the start of a beautiful friendship! And if it turns out not to be and it's just an embarrassing moment..., just remember it was so for the both of you, not just you alone :)

Yeah, it would have been way worse if OP had run over and hugged the other girl and she went "wtf are you doing? Who are you?!" At least they both mistook each other for a friend.

Well that's a great way to meet someone!

#15 We don't have jaywalking in the UK. It is completely fine and legal to cross the road where and whenever you want, with the understanding that if you get squished it's your own fault. I'm guessing that OP looked before crossing.

Survival of the fittest in a law. We need to adopt that in the US.

That would be a fantastic law, since society nowadays is just a constant battle against Darwinism...

lovelyweirdo 4

Still a better lovestory than twilight ;)

Haha well thats one way to break the ice...:)

This sounds like something that would happen in a movie.