By boyo - 21/05/2009 09:48 - United Kingdom

Today, I was visiting my sick grandmother in the hospital when my cousin and I were playing in some empty wheelchairs. After goofing off I said, "They're fun, but I would kill myself if I was in a wheelchair." A little boy rounded the corner and said, "Tell me about it." He was in a wheelchair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 317
You deserved it 82 052

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i think its fine, i mean its not like you are making fun of him. i mean he probably felt that way before?

thats not nice to say....but most of people do believe that, u just said it out loud what a lot of people are thinking

Comments

spinarium 2

don't play with wheelchairs! what would you do if you broke 'em? but this isn't an FML, you just said what you were thinking, i hope the wheelchair dude got that. but you could've said it discreetly

look, #46, no one was trying to personally offend you by saying the OP should have been more careful with his words in the hospital. we're not saying everyone in a wheelchair is at the hospital, but we are saying that there are probably a lot more people with disabilities at the hospital than you would normally run across in the general population. and actually, a lot of disabilities ARE medical issues. you know, like if someone broke their leg/neck/pulled a muscle or some other injury that would cause them to be placed in a wheelchair. those usually require some time in a hospital/doctor's office. so while we're all proud of your many many amazing accomplishments, get over yourself.

NOONE LIKES A CRIPPLE. SOMEONE NEEDS TO SAY IT

This is not a FML..stop looking for pity. You screwed up now deal with it. You were aware you were in a hospital so you should have been sensitive and careful to what ever ignorant things might have come out of your mouth.

rachelbrianna25 0

how insensitive are you, bitch? wow... i hope karma comes back to you.

asshole move! im gonna have to completely agree with #60

hopefully that kid was saracastic or else thats just really sad. thats messed up of u to say that some things are just better left unsaid dude!!

i would rather be intelligent and "crippled" than asinine. 56, i'm not saying i'm an amazing person but disabilities are a social issue. i spend more time figuring out how to get into a building with stairs or planning an accessible route because the busses and subways are unequipped for my wheelchair than i do in a hospital. and for everyone who hates cripples, i will gladly welcome you to the community when you turn 70 or 80 and need a wheelchair, become hard of hearing or blind, and need someone to take care of you. people have to start caring about the lives of people with disabilities because, chances are, eventually everyone in their lifetime will develop a disability. just a little bit of disability theory for you.