By ihateyouatt - 18/03/2010 13:30 - United States

Today, I was trying to change my PIN code in order to make my phone more secure and prevent people from getting information from it. Instead, I somehow ended up locking my phone permanently. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 108
You deserved it 31 124

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I've done that before, it's not something that was in the manual for me. If you call your service provider though they usually give you a code to unlock it again. Just don't try guessing that too otherwise your phone will permanantly lock up and you have to mail it in.

Comments

sarahsaysfml 0

I did that not too long ago xD Call AT&T or whoever to get the PUK code. I was like half asleep so i accidently tried to put in the PUK. Just get the code and youre fine. BUT if you tried putting the code in x amount of times and it wont let you do anything, you need a new SIM. I went to the AT&T store and they gave me one for free, and everything was still there, contacts and such.

vladwashere 0

i did this too last week with my mytouch. i puk locked it

MrFlintstone 5
peace143bean 0

same thing happened to me!!! go onto your cell phone carriers website and go to your account. a reset manual is in your account information. hope I can help

navyhawk 0

oooo ive done that more times than u can count

NICE TO KNOW I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO'S DONE THIS!!! LOL and even worse, since i am too young, my dad had to take it to be fixed, i couldn't take it myself. it took him exactly 8 months to go, then left it there to pick it up the following day and went in another month. OP, FYL. anyway check in your SIM card for the number, here in argentina they are there, check. nevertheless, it takes a short time to be fixed. GOOD LUCK!

idk if anyones said this yet but try the last four digits of your phone number.

Smooth, real smooth. Ydi for being an idiot.

I've dome that b4. you have to get a new sim card :( it sucks