By Anonymous1221 - 21/11/2016 07:12

Today, I was told by the guy I've liked for years that he would date me if he was straight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 139
You deserved it 1 455

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Been there. Look at it this way: it has nothing to do with you as person why he can't date you. You're probably great, keep your head up.

If my grandmother had balls, she'd be my grandfather! If you had balls, you'd have a boyfriend.

Comments

sounds like he needs some liquid encouragement ! lol

At least now you know, so you don't keep hoping for something to happen.

That's unfortunate... If you told him u liked him before that, u get let down, he tells u he's gay with u telling him he's ur crush, u get let down. Lose lose situation. Me being a girl, I had a lesbian tell me I'd be her "type" if she wasn't already engaged to her gf. She thought I was a lesbo.... Nope, I had no words noooo words.

cootiequeen4444 11

your first half of your comment makes no sense and the second half maybe also make no sense, but regardless is rather offensive. I'm pretty much straight. But I honestly don't give a shit what orientation people initially think am. being gay isn't a negative thing. it different than what I am, but that doesn't make it bad. it is 2k16. the stigma can gtfo. On another note, you say "me being a girl", but also have the male gender icon... did you mess up setting your account or something?

So you've liked him for years without even knowing his orientation? It means you didn't know him that well, so infatuation shouldn't have been strong.

With some people, it's obvious that they're gay even before they come out (the way people just "knew" Anderson Cooper is gay before he actually came forward), with others, not so much. Maybe this guy didn't trip OP's gaydar, maybe she just can't tell. Although the fact that the guy never had a girlfriend should have been one clue. So sorry, OP. At least he likes you, even though he'll never be attracted to you.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

It's the universe's way to tell you to stop pining. Don't wait for life to happen anymore.

LittleLittlered7 6

Well... I guess you know then it wasn't YOU? I'm sorry :-(

if you've known him for years, how do you not know he's gay?