By TuralSucks - 11/03/2009 01:10 - United States

Today, I was the only one in an elevator when an attractive girl came in, talking on her phone. She told her friend, "I have to go, there's a cute guy on this elevator." Before I could even react, she turned to me and said, "Sorry for lying, I really wanted to get off the phone with her." FML
I agree, your life sucks 271 398
You deserved it 17 950

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I would have released a huge sigh of relief, maybe adding a 'thanks goodness', just to make her paranoid.

zidane312 0

man, he didnt have to go that far.... could have least been nice

Comments

zidane312 0

man, he didnt have to go that far.... could have least been nice

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Shutupmeg 0

That's a good icebreaker, you should have taken advantage of the situation

I would have released a huge sigh of relief, maybe adding a 'thanks goodness', just to make her paranoid.

the first what she said was true, because she has said that, what first came to her mind.

She was implying to her friend that she was going to flirt etc with someone on the elevator. It wasn't true and she wished to free you of obligations. She basically used you to hang up on her friend. The wording was unimportant, don't feel bad about it.

Her wording was awkward and you probably just misunderstood what she meant. Her excuse for hanging up was "I want to flirt with this cute guy" but she didn't really, so that's why she told you she was lying so you didn't think she was flirting with you. You being cute or not cute didn't matter, but the fact that that excuse popped into her head means she probably thought you were cute, but not her type or something.

That seems logical enough but it's just untrue.

But then why did she apologize if she didn't have him in mind?

why didnt she use the excuse that the elevator would cut off her service?

you should have just said. "you're not lying...you think i'm cute. Let's do something about this"