By Anonymous - 02/12/2010 17:38 - United States

Today, I was telling one of my patients I was upset because my sister wants to go to beauty school, and that I don't want her getting a worthless qualification and to aim higher. My patient replied saying she is a hair dresser. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 823
You deserved it 46 046

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I've been doing hair for 10 years now and make quite a bit more money than most of my friends who have "professional" jobs. Next time you're getting your own hair done why don't you take a moment to ask your stylist about the Anatomy and Physiology, Chemistry, and Electricity classes he/she had to take before you write it off as a "worthless qualification".

Iknoweverything 29

First off, you can make good money in hair. Women are vain, men are vain, and everyone is willing to pay to look good. And before you write it off as worthless, why don't you cut someone's hair, and see how it turns out? While I would never go into hairdressing, I would never deem it worthless... otherwise my hair would look like crap. Second off, you should ALWAYS know what your patients work in before complaining. It avoids insulting them. Third off... your patients are NOT paying you to complain. Do your job, be cheerful, and listen to THEM complain. Fourth off... I hope your hairdresser never hears you think low of him. You may never look acceptable again.

Comments

Honey, news flash--not everyone wants to be a doctor, or a dentist, or whatever it is you are. Sure, it's aiming lower, but did you ever think that maybe your sister may be happier with her decision?

I agree. I can't imagine why you would discourage her from taking on a career she would actually Enjoy. And then complain about it. You have no right to dictate over anyone else's life.

Ninjasaurus18 9

I agree too. I want to be an art or orchestra teacher. Yeah, I get it- they aren't subjects that are going to get you a job, unless you're an orchestra or art teacher. But that's all that I can do. And all i want to do. My mom's an artist- she knows what I mean. I completely envy hairdressers for being able to do why they do. I'd be too concerned about ******* up someone's hair. It's an art itself. And I would hate, I mean absolutely detest being a doctor or dentist. It's all too uniform, and too 'Yes' or 'No'; 'Right' or 'Wrong'.

You deserve it for being a snob. Being a hairdresser is a perfectly decent way of making a living! Besides, one's occupation doesn't necessarily decide one's worth as a person.

well not according to the government after 9/11 they government paid compensation to the affected families based on the victims yearly income

YDI! If everyone 'aimed high' and became doctors and lawyers the economy would whirl into caos.. and there would be no one to do less "qualified" but useful/ in demand jobs. It's also a bit silly to assume your patient is equally as qualified and ambitious as you to not be offended and understand what you mean. Good for your sister for doing what she wants and not being pressured into an ambitious job. Good for you, whatever you are, but not everyone thinks like you/would be happy in the same job.

SHE deserves it for not aiming higher! How the hell did she afford your services as a HAIRDRESSER?! And wtf IS that, anyway? Who puts clothes in their HAIR?!?!

You are one ****** up giraffe, Trollzy.

alwaysandforever_fml_fml 0

I was wondering the exact same thing.

You must be terribly unprofessional to be using your patients as a sounding board for your troubles. No matter what, they are there to see you, not the other way around. If you desperately need to talk to someone about "your" troubles (even though what your sister chooses to do with HER life is HER choice) hire someone to talk to professionally.

You totally deserve it!! I've been working as a hairdresser for 5 years now, and I make more money than my Dentist boyfriend!! the higher or lower education doesn't count, but weather your happy or not. I would love to have you as a customer, you would be scared!:D

Your teeth must be horrible prinzess. Dentists are around for a good reason. Stop showing off how British you are every time you smile and go get a check-up.

sxcthaigirl 6

haha spelling freak much? :)

mintcar 9

Higher/ lower education should've mattered in your case. Weather? Really?

"British"? what's wrong with the British populations' teeth

The Brits have terrible dentistry because they have "free" medical/dental care. If you can't afford to pay a private dentist, you have to accept the low level of care that the public health dentist gives you. Maybe you don't read any British newspapers, but if you haven't noticed, the students are crying about their low tuition fees going up triple this year. Their healthcare is rationed too. The British government is running out of money trying to pay for social welfare programs.

Free doesn't mean it's crap, it means that it is available to all and there are also private clinics available for twats like you who are better than us. Since all people in Britain have dental heath care available to them surely this would mean that the average standard of dental quality would be good.

hahahaha!!! my spelling got nothing to do with the guy being a jerk for complaining to a patient. oh, I'm not British, and my teeth look perfectly good. the misspelling; my iPhone got auto correction when I use another language. those who use iPhone knows it changes words quickly.

I'm just going to say that currently Americans have the worst teeth in the world and the Brits have one of the best.

Luckysam1984 0

That was inconsiderate of you. Why would you judge someone based on that. Do you get your hair cut? I could understand if you didnt.

icantellu 7

What's wrong with going to beauty school? At least she's doing SOMETHING with her life...no?

Are you in some kind of family who adores honor and status? Because face it, who cares? Everyone likes to be pretty so she will be employed and make money if she's good at what she does. If she's happy with it don't be a dick about it. The status of your diploma doesn't say everthing you know

actually it dose and and people who work "beauty" are weak and of lower class

Your username is wife_beater and you're accusing other people of being lower class? Man I love the internet.

you get posh abusive people too it's not limited to the "riff-raf" and the plebs

Don't feed the trolls, people. I fall for it too sometimes, but this troll isn't even very good. Keep trying, though. You'll get it someday. Take some hints from T4DL.

TheDrifter 23

Now you're just going to torture T4DL with poor imitations Doc.

11, you really do know everything! Awesome comment!