By Girafarig - 31/07/2009 06:44 - United States

Today, I was talking to my guy friend on the phone. He said, "You sound depressed, I should cheer you up and give you a big hug." Jokingly, I responded, "You wouldn't hug something as gross as me." His response? "You'd be surprised." FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 273
You deserved it 44 869

Same thing different taste

Top comments

d_hoffryn 0

That's what you get for fishing I'm afraid.

Comments

Self-pity is a turnoff. Stop it or he'll remain just a "friend".

That's nice, he sounds worried about you, and you put yourself out there to get hurt by saying something like that, so you deserve it when you get that kind of response.

1. He was probably just joking. 2. WTF did you expect, you're the one that said it in the first place. 3. How the hell is this an FML?

"1- You deserved what you THOUGHT was a diss, when you were fishing for compliments. 2- You also deserve what you THOUGHT was a diss, because you don't work out and are ugly/fat probably. 3- Most importantly: This actually was NOT a bad thing! YES he meant for you to take it as a joking diss, but in reality he is shy and is trying to get this message across to you (listen up good, ok?): Him: "I am sort of desperate. Even though you're not that cute and everybody knows it, I like your personality and yes I'm clearly desperate. I hope that this hug can turn into something more, as in maybe a relationship." ============== Yes thats sharpshooting, but its the most likely option" Thanks for putting everything I thought in simple words I could not find!!! Best post Ive seen in a long time on any type of forum/blog

flyingpan8 0

that's what you get for being self depricating! jeez, you really piss me off. why do you say something bad about yourself, and then expect people to wipe your snot off for you? as much as i sadly understand your illogical psyche of wanting others to negate all the bad things you say about yourself so that you will feel better about yourself....i would strongly urge adopting a more positive view on life! it will help you and those who make up your life!

Ydi for lowering your confidence Y would u make fun of ur self ????????

ithedarkknight 0

Damn way to have no self esteem. Lol for dudes thats not really attractive for a girl to have no self esteem. Its like saying hey walk all over me like a door mat everyone. And speaking from a dudes stand point they will. So even if you are ugly stop whining about it and try some ways to make your self look good. Dont do it for me or for your friend do it for your damn self. Im a dude and i make sure everymorning and night i wash and masturize my face take showers get a haircut press my clothes and try to look good everywhere i go why cus i care about my self not what other people think.

You masturize your face? LOL. Not trying to be a douche people spell shit wrong all the time but I read this and saw ********** your face. I was like wtf dude. But seriously not being a bitch I just lol'ed.. :P Oh, and good for you for taking care of yourself! All men should try and look their best :)

Ugh! This fml bothered me so much I had to join. While it may sound to you, a person with devastatingly low self esteem, that he was insulting you he actually was not imo. It's not that he's saying that you're ugly. rather, he's confirming that he would like to hug you to make you feel better! "you'd be surprised" as in he still wants to hug you. While I see your point of view I really don't feel like it's the case AT ALL. Honestly, he may even have a thing for you..or he may have just been trying to just cheer you up with a joke. Guys aren't your girlfriends and they're not going to react the way that you expect and sometimes even want them to. It it the way of being in a relationship with a male.