By Disappointed Mom - 31/07/2016 20:31 - Canada - Calgary

Today, I was supposed to be enjoying a long-anticipated, desperately needed, weekend away. Turns out those "little stomach twinges" were actually symptoms of appendicitis. I'm stuck in the hospital, alone, recovering from surgery, while my family is enjoying our non-refundable break. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 667
You deserved it 1 036

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yeah, the same thing happened to me. They caught me only a day or so before it would've ruptured. My Uncle had it worse off and was in a plane when his ruptured. Although, sounds like you caught it relatively early and it didn't rupture. Could be worse, I suppose. (on a side note, is it just me or is being knocked out for surgery worse than the operation itself. It's so creepy feeling!)

So just because OP can't go, the rest of the family is supposed to opt out as well? It's non-refundable. If no one goes then it's just a gigantic waste of money.

Comments

I mean alone time isn't exactly bad time maybe try to enjoy solitude! Get well soon OP

It's only a weekend-long vacation. It sucks that the family left and didn't stay to be with OP, but it's only 2 or 3 days. The family can return and be there for OP pretty quickly.

Was the vacation booked with a credit card? If so, some cards have trip cancellation insurance that covers situations just like this. It won't get you on your vacation, but perhaps you could get the money for your portion of the trip refunded.

LAURA_EL_JUICE 6

If it makes you feel better my sister is in the hospital as well for the same reason, she also found out she is pregnant and her bf is in Vegas! Could be worst.

that's what u get for snorting that shit