By hannax - 16/08/2016 17:26 - United Kingdom - Southampton

Today, I was spending the night at my fiancé's house. He knew my period was about to start, so he asked if he needed to put a tarp down on the bed. He was dead serious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 321
You deserved it 1 706

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That seems a bit like overkill, doesn't it? You should just stick to the standard practice of covering yourself in Saran Wrap and hopping around the house.

Maybe he meant put a tarp down during sex. It can sometimes be a little messy. Although a towel would make more sense in that case

Comments

At least he was trying to be considerate....be patient with him OP. Inform him of the facts and I'm sure he will do better next time.

you do know he could be referring to sex right?

I think he was referring to having sex, not just you sleeping in his bed. Though uncommon, some women do enjoy having sex during their period because they're more sensitive to stimulation. There isn't anything wrong with it as long as you take sanitary measures such as laying down towels (or in his case, tarps). If you're up to it, you could always give it a try.

uncommon? I honesly thought it was more common than not. then again I am not your average girl -_(._.)_/-

If he's putting a tarp down, your in for one wild night. Stay hydrated and enjoy.

Am I the only one that finds it odd that OP doesn't live with her fiancé?

If you're going to be married for the rest of your life shouldn't you live with them first to see how they really are?

Not all people live together before marriage. It's an old fashioned value, but some people prefer it. I personally do, because unless my hypothetical fiancé actually hates me, if we aren't living and sleeping together, logically it's far less likely that she'd be willing to cheat.

For someone as perverted as me, I thought you meant for sleeping.

engaged to someone that you're not even living with who knows that little about bodily functions... sounds like you brought it on yourself by getting engaged to someone who most likely hasn't been with you that long if this is their response to something that happens monthly

tiger820 20

that is so nasty the smell of blood almost makes me want to throw up! no way! nope! not ever.

Well, it's a good thing your not a girl then. I feel kinda bad for any females in your life though.

#28 why are you smelling? sounds like somebody has his red wings

Sooooo... Assuming you're straight, any time your SO is on her period, you make her sleep on the couch?

Awwww he obviously just didn't know any better lol I'm sure you explained it to him like a good fiancé :)