By Cherie - 31/08/2009 21:18 - United States

Today, I was in an unfamiliar building on campus and I needed to use the bathroom before class started. I walked in and saw a man at the sink. I said "Oh my god I'm sorry! I thought this was the women's washroom." It was. The very butch looking woman gave me a look of death. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 756
You deserved it 10 439

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mina_8 0

That sucks. :P It was just an honest mistake but no one likes it when their gender is assumed wrong.

LOL! This has happened to me before, except in a different situation. It was my first day of middle school and I didn't know where the bathroom was. I went into the womens bathroom, thinking it meant girls... I was washing my hands when a teacher walked in and told me that I needed to leave. O,..,O

Comments

AndelleRae 9

Lmfao. Greatest reply ever! (Or it could just be my lack of sleep.)

AndelleRae 9

Well, if the woman did in fact look butch, I don't think this is a YDI situation. If you're a woman trying to look like a man, and someone mistakes you for one, there's no need to give "the death stare." However, since she did give a death stare, I think the OP is trying to cover her own ass by calling her butch. I can't decide on this one. Next time check for urinals, you'll be okay.

You have a good point, actually! It's funny, I see a lot of people saying "well, they DID look very butch/femme" to save themselves, when I see the same person and think "Uh... not really.." OP could definitely be doing the same. OR... the woman wasn't always a woman, so "she" got pissed off when the OP thought "she" was a man because "she" was trying so hard NOT to be one.

everydayisFML 0

You did nothing wrong... I think its dumb when butchy looking women get pissed when people mistake them for men... I mean, you are in control of 90% of your appearance, especially if you're a woman (you have the assistance of make-up, after all). So here's a thought... if you don't want people to mistake you for a man, don't look like one!! lol

lives_ppl 0

Let me get this straight. So you're saying that you think a woman should care about what others think they look like. Actually, what's your idea of the look of a woman? They can't cut their hair a little short or build some muscle to be strong? Should they put on make-up and try hard to have a womanly figure because one or two people make the comment that they look bad? Besides, the OP probably saw the woman from behind or from the side while she was bent over at the sink.

LaLaJoy 2
LaLaJoy 2

Wait, where the hell did #54 go?? Because I definitely DON'T agree with this person up here, everydayisFML.... FML is definitely messed up in the comments section.

Lawl, "Look of Death" nice. My mom is an expert at that one... emag eht tsol tsuj uoY.

Oh yeah, one more thing; Tgis reminds me of all the people who ask the classic question "Ooh, when is the baby due?" Its just something you NEVER assume. Fission Mailed.

It's not your fault ugly people exist. Butch women are absolutely hideous.

62, many men like butchy women. A lot of butchy women are dominatrix. Many men like dominatrix women.

Wouldn't the first hint be the lack of urinals?

oh look, i'm a butch woman, and i'm not trying to look like or be like a man, i'm just comfortable with who and how i am. and i'm not hideous either, because i usually have a beautiful woman or two seeking my attentions...i've probably slept with more beautiful women than #62 has met. just because we are not your idea of the perfect lay, doesn't mean we are not beautiful. and, sometimes, when you've already had to address your gender a dozen or more times that day in the most annoying and invasive and sometimes downright scariest of ways, and all you want to do is have a leak, yeah, it's a drag.