By chrissy2 - 15/04/2013 16:17 - United States - Farmville

Today, I was dying my hair a subtly different color. It was only supposed to turn my hair a shade or two lighter, but it seems someone at the store thought it would be funny to switch the dye in the boxes around. My hair is purple. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 448
You deserved it 8 258

chrissy2 tells us more.

chrissy2 28

It was my first time getting my hair dyed, and I only wanted it a little lighter and not pay 100 dollars compared to 10 dollars haha. And it sucked because I had to go to my waitressing job at a fancy restaurant right afterwords.

Top comments

perdix 29

The person that did that to you needs to eat shit and dye!

Wauw thats really unlucky! But on the bright side, purple hair is awesome!

Comments

There are color removers that actually work pretty well but don't re color it right after like it says you can. Or you can just bleach it out and recolor it after. I do box dye a lot but I never thought about that happening. I'll have to start checking to make sure that they're still sealed. Good luck!!

It's probably just as simple to dye their hair a medium shade of brown. I find brown hair dyes a lot less harsh on the hair than hair strippers!

That's so true. You have a good point. But the problem is if its too dark of a shade the medium colors won't make a huge difference on it.

royalsgrl 14

It's not just about making sure the box is sealed. You should Always check to make sure the number on the bottle matches the number on the box! Sometimes accidents happen while the product is being boxed in the factory.

Kinda reminded me of brideswar , "my hair is blue, it's blueeee"sry op

Ali_Br_fml 33

I think he was referencing an earlier comment.

Ali_Br_fml 33

Damn, that's where it went!!! I knew it said success comment added, or something like that, I just couldn't find it... I fail at life, lol. And yes, it was supposed to be in response to #16's comment to #2. I slid his comment & hit reply. Oh well.

Pstraka6 20

Its sad the time people take to do foolish things to humiliate others. Do not let any bit of that get you down! March over to the store, complain and see If you can dye it again!

Get an appointment with a hairdresser ASAP - if you try and fix this with another boxed dye you may totally fry your hair. On the upside purple hair is pretty mainstream these days.

Boxed dye isn't that bad. I've used several on my hair in one day and I'm not bald yet!

Just curious: did you go lighter or darker when you did multiple dyes in one day?

I've done both, and then had professional stylists comment on how soft and smooth my hair was. It's really not that bad, dyes these days are made with all kinds of conditioners and vitamins in them so they don't kill your hair. Even the cheaper boxed dyes.

i agree, as long as you treat your hair afterwards with serums and leave in conditioners, the cheap dyes are sometimes better than the more expensive ones. i used a £3 one from superdrug and it worked much better then the more expensive mousse ones. i ended up with hair like Ariel :D

for some reason I thing purple would be a good hair color (im a straight guy)

What does your sexual orientation have to do with anything? :s

Ouch. You might want to get that fixed. In the meantime, rock that purple hair. ;)

Lesson learned, always double check the printing on the bottle inside the package ;) it's not like those packages are tightly shut.

Really? Where I live they are, they have those "tamper proof" stickers sealing them so you can see if the box has been opened.