By chrissy2 - 15/04/2013 16:17 - United States - Farmville

Today, I was dying my hair a subtly different color. It was only supposed to turn my hair a shade or two lighter, but it seems someone at the store thought it would be funny to switch the dye in the boxes around. My hair is purple. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 448
You deserved it 8 258

chrissy2 tells us more.

chrissy2 28

It was my first time getting my hair dyed, and I only wanted it a little lighter and not pay 100 dollars compared to 10 dollars haha. And it sucked because I had to go to my waitressing job at a fancy restaurant right afterwords.

Top comments

perdix 29

The person that did that to you needs to eat shit and dye!

Wauw thats really unlucky! But on the bright side, purple hair is awesome!

Comments

I sincerely hope you ment to say "dyeing"...

Usually purple hair dye is......purple. Didn't you notice?

mellingeramber 13

Most dyes are either blue or purple before they are out in so it's understandable that she didn't notice. When I dyed my hair lighter blonde, the dye was blue and came out blue but was actually blonde as you can tell by my picture.

How did you not notice the purple dye on your hands before you coated your entire head with it? wtf?

Geminirain88 4

If you know anything about color, it doesn't matter what it looks like in your hand and another reason you never buy box color is you never really know what it's going to come out looking like. It's best to go to a place like Sally's if you live in the US.

It's really no big deal, go to the hair dressers and see what they can recommend .

MusoManiac 4

That's called using box color. You should have gone to a professional.

While it sucks that it happened unintentionally, it is frustrating for those of us who are having trouble getting purple streaks to show up rofl. At least the salon didn't charge for them. And they do show up in the sun. Hope your work understands the situation.

MalloryCW 6

I've dyed my hair plenty of times by myself using boxed color. My mom who is a professional stylist was the one who told me to. I've also dyed my hair blue and purple (on purpose). My hair has been so many different colors. I've never had any trouble using boxed dyes...

crazyjemjem 6

My hair ended up magenta once.. I rocked it until it was safe to fix. Good luck hun!!