By computerdude - 02/06/2009 00:44 - United States

Today, I was driving home, talking to my dad on the phone about losing my job. A man kept honking at me, I remarked to my dad how some people on the road are just assholes for no reason. I later realized I had left my laptop on my roof, and it flew onto the freeway. The man was signaling me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 255
You deserved it 66 899

computerdude tells us more.

to everyone ranting about the phone: its called bluetooth. to everyone not understanding how laptop got on roof: i was carrying a bunch of stuff and set laptop on the roof to open car door. i had just been reamed out by my office manager and head partners in a humiliating way and was distraught. i set it down the right way (on its rubber feet) so make a mental note for the next part. to everyone claiming the laptop could not / should not have made it to the freeway, and / or flown off: i work close to the freeway, and was amazed myself. I later re-drove the route and found the laptop on the side of teh freeway about 2 miles from where i had originally gotten on. from the damage to it, it looked like it must have caught the wind when i got up to speed and then slid down off to the side of the freeway.

Top comments

how the **** do you leave your laptop on the roof of your car... oh but sorry you lost your job :(

How do u even manage to do that. It's like throwing $1000 out the door.

Comments

This can't be real: 1. No one can possible be so unaware as to leave their expensive laptop on their roof 2. The laptop would have flown off the moment you started driving, there is no way it was still there while you were on a freeway.

jb29 0

you stupid bitch you shouldn't even have a ******* license way to go, you totally deserved that

U couldn't have known that's what he meant. Fyl

I got no sympathy for fuckos who talk on their phone while driving. **** your laptop, how would you have explained killing people in an accident because you were bitchin to your dad about being fired?!

How in the world did you leave your laptop on top of your car?!?! Was it expensive?

Jade_Rothwell 0

it sucks that u lost your job .. but why isnt your laptop the first thing you put in your car? Had he been honking for ANY other reason than the laptop i would agree with you about people on the roads

thatswasup 0

Sry about losing your job but laptop on the roof? Really? Also way to ASSume that the guy was an asshole and trying to help you. I vote YDI.

Why the **** do people set shit on the roof of their car? And how do you forget? It's right in your face!

I can understand a drink or something, but a LAPTOP? Really? Fail