By computerdude - 02/06/2009 00:44 - United States

Today, I was driving home, talking to my dad on the phone about losing my job. A man kept honking at me, I remarked to my dad how some people on the road are just assholes for no reason. I later realized I had left my laptop on my roof, and it flew onto the freeway. The man was signaling me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 255
You deserved it 66 899

computerdude tells us more.

to everyone ranting about the phone: its called bluetooth. to everyone not understanding how laptop got on roof: i was carrying a bunch of stuff and set laptop on the roof to open car door. i had just been reamed out by my office manager and head partners in a humiliating way and was distraught. i set it down the right way (on its rubber feet) so make a mental note for the next part. to everyone claiming the laptop could not / should not have made it to the freeway, and / or flown off: i work close to the freeway, and was amazed myself. I later re-drove the route and found the laptop on the side of teh freeway about 2 miles from where i had originally gotten on. from the damage to it, it looked like it must have caught the wind when i got up to speed and then slid down off to the side of the freeway.

Top comments

how the **** do you leave your laptop on the roof of your car... oh but sorry you lost your job :(

How do u even manage to do that. It's like throwing $1000 out the door.

Comments

car6435 0

YDI for leaving your laptop on the roof.... but since it broke. it is also a FYL

Well, you really had no idea he was trying to be helpful. You kind of deserved it though.

You're an idiot; laptops are so heavy that pretty hard to forget.

Pretty impressive that the laptop stayed on the car till the freeway

This is pretty impossible, I never forget my laptop, even though i forget a lot of stuff.