By Former Drummer - 03/06/2012 21:23 - United States - Tulsa

Today, I was diagnosed with migraines. Any loud sounds or bright lights make it worse. I'm the drummer for a heavy metal band, so I now have to choose between really bad migraines or a career. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 148
You deserved it 4 657

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should always out your health before most things! Remember that you only have one body, while you can have multiple careers. Fyl though, and I hope the medications are effective :) I have heard that migraines are horrible to say the last, so good luck in the future, always a lot of options left.

Comments

Oh dear, I find it better to "listen" to your body and not drum. You could take some drug for it, but sometimes it's best not to.

baddawg365 0

Even if it means excruciating and unbearable pain....

Well the legends had to sacrifice something to become great......

Killuhk 8

You #3 have obviously never had a migraine...I use to get them every day to the point of me violently vomiting from the intensity of the pain for about 6 years straight...the worst possible thing you can imagine

zingline89 18

Don't fret, you can beat this. I don't mean to metal in your private business, but if you just stick it out for a while and you'll get back into a rhythm. It will be a symbol of your courage and valor.

You obviously have never had a migraine.

zingline89 18

I just felt like making a few puns, ive had plenty of migraines

You obviously dont suffer from migraines. Its easy to say 'suck it up and follow your dreams' but what fun is your dream if it causes you constant, unbearable pain? Sometimes the old rule of 'follow your dreams' doesnt cut it in the real world.

Killuhk 8

Some people don't respond to pain pills especially for migraines or they just can't afford them...my pills made the pain bearable but they were $45 a single pill

Hht Look into healing yourself. If you already live the "rockstar" life, pills might not be the way to go. Look into this documentary, Fat, Sick, And Nearly Dead. This women also got migraines, did the diet, and it was gone. Look into that, and good luck.

Just like many of the greatest artists in history, you must suffer for your art.

And if pain pills worked for him he wouldnt be forced to make this choice, now, would he?