By Boltz719 - 23/08/2009 05:10 - United States

Today, I was at my grandfather's house and my car was low on gas. He said I could put some of his gas in my car. He accidentally gave me the wrong tank to pump it out of, and I put fuel in my car that he uses for his small plane. It never ran better until the engine exploded. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 558
You deserved it 3 871

Same thing different taste

Top comments

hmm... reminds me of family guy, when peter put jet fuel in his car because he thought it would fly, lol...fyl dude...

yourlifeisfunny 0

For all you haters: The gasoline used for airplanes is much higher octane, like 105 or so. When you put that in a normal car, it runs great, you get more power, but the engine overheats. So the term "blowing up" means that the engine overheated and seized up, possibly a cracked head. So he would not have died. Dude, just pay attention to your car.

Comments

Shouldn't you be dead? oh shit! FML from beyond the grave!

never trust a geezer :-/ that sucks...make him fix it

sexymessy 0

Race fuel is either methenol or 120 octane fuel the teams can chose between those 2. And it burns so hot in an average engine that once the engine get warmed up the heat of the last power stroke will ignite the next power stroke even if u cut the spark (this is wat turning the key does) Im not sure about small plane aviation fuel but I no jet fuel has kerosene mixed in it so it burns even hotter and no his engine wouldn't lotteraly explode but it would melt down and either sieze or drop a cylinder and to the idiot who sayed putting gas in a diesel will blow it up do some reasearch on deisel engines will u I'm a diesel mechanic and I've fixed tractors that stupid ppl put gas in instead of diesel they don't blow up they just don't run. Compression ignion fires the fuel in at the right before of supposed to ignite to prevent preignition gas simply won't ignite though compression...well it will but not on every stroke it becomes sort of hit and miss and if ur lucky it might run really shittily but most likely it won't

brodie1709 5

if you put gas in a diesel can't you just pour a bottle of mixing oil in and it will run like normal?

It probably didn't blow up, it probably overheated and he didn't notice, and it's also rather likely it seized. If you've watched any of the CFC videos where the government murders good engines, then you can see the similarities watching an engine seize in a certain way to being "blown up." Not saying it's definitely not fake, but you all are looking a little too hard at this.

jlberglu3369 0

100LL aviation gasoline would not cause the engine to blow up. By definition it is a higher octane and more stable than car gasoline. It would NOT cause the engine to overheat....in fact, a lower octane gas would cause overheating from preignition and engine knocking, etc. A higher octane fuel like 100LL would have the opposite effect, then. Like it's already been mentioned, yes the tetra-ethyl lead in the aviation fuel would mess up other parts of the car (O2 sensor and cacalytic converter). You did not put 100LL into your car to make it "explode". The only thing that I see happening is if you put Jet-A fuel into your car. While this is usually used in jet engine aircraft, there are diesel conversions for some aircraft, such as the Maule series of aircraft. For someone that is used to airplanes being 747s, a Maule M-7 is definitely a "small plane", and I do know of some people who keep Jet-A on their property in the country because they do not visit airports with fuel services often. This Jet-A would then mess up your car engine very severely.

by small plane did they mean like RC plane? because if it was, it would have been nitromethane, which would absolutely mess up the engine... or if it was race gas with a high specific gravity and leaned out...

Is that when you flew into a rage? Did your temper soar? Such a mistake would definitely fuel my anger.

who's to say his grandpa doesn't own a leerjet?

Yeah sure, OP, blame it on the gramps. C'mon, fess up-- this is how it went down: *sees avgas label* *has daydream* "Well, that's all the motivation I need to do this!"

So take the jet to work LOL I bet it'd get you more poon anyway