By mindjob - 29/09/2014 02:49

Today, I waited for over an hour in a park for a date who didn't show up. I finally left because someone came up to me and accused me of creeping on their kids. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 009
You deserved it 3 035

mindjob tells us more.

And run I did! Well, not really, but I got out of there as fast as possible. I was too embarrassed about being stood up and being accused of watching kids to have a sharp wit and a good response. An excuse was mumbled and I got out of there! And 54, I wouldn't normally wait longer than a half hour at most, but I suppose I was pretty hopeful for this date!

Top comments

Just say you're waiting for someone and stand your ground! Not everyone who sits in a park is a creeper. Although, after an hour they probably weren't coming :( sorry OP, bad luck.

jazzy_123 20

"Run bitch ruuuun!" lol no but really, I would have ran out of there before it got serious

Comments

Do you drive a large van with free candy on the side of it? Sucks your date stood you up...maybe shoot them a message to see what happened

I feel like your date showed up early got accused of the same thing freaked out and left.

Sadly, if OP's date happened to be of the opposite sex there is little to no chance that happened.

I'm sorry about that. Maybe something bad happened to your date. Anyway, they should've told you they weren't going. Better luck next time!

Tell that to the family who's little girl got grabbed 2 houses down from theirs and they found her body 3.5 hours later. You have to protest your family, because nobody else is going to. Sometimes that means having an awkward conversation with a kid at the park.

okay #26 no, just no. While there are kids who get kidnapped you can't just go around assuming that every man that you see is going to kidnap your child. Especially since the majority of kids who do get raped/killed/sold into prostitution knew the perpetrators personally so the likelihood of a man jumping out of a bush and taking your child or whatever is lower than you'd like to believe.

26 - just stop, youre making it seem like its okay to judge books by covers and bitch out strangers because youre paranoid, think a guy alone is a creeper WITHOUT PROOF then YOU leave cause your just gonna sound like an ass

That really sucks, they could've at least had the decency to just cancel or let you down gently or make some shitty excuse.

I think making up a shitty excuse would be worse. I'd rather just be told by my date that they weren't interested after all.

Woah. Who said the kids were ugly? I don't assume they were worried about OP checking out their kids so much as kidnapping them.

Sorry darlin, that's just an all around shitty situation

Unless they call and say they are running behind, I only give them 15 min. How rude...