By Anonymous - 21/07/2014 22:14 - United States - Bronx

Today, I visited my dad. He gave the, "You live under my roof, you follow my rules" lecture since I didn't do my "chores". I moved out 3 years ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 520
You deserved it 3 626

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Say the same thing to him when he visits you.

It's true that you have to follow the rules in someone's else's house. But it doesn't include doing work for their lazy ass.

Comments

SailorSolaris 43

I moved out a year ago, but I still do chores when I go home. Not because I have to, but because I want to in order to help my mom. Maybe that's just me.

I still help my parents with laundry when I go to their house. It was always my job as an adolescent, and my mom has had a hard time adjusting to doing it herself again. It's never a bad idea to help mom out.

QueenofWheels 13

I am sure y'all don't get in "trouble" when y'all don't help.

It depends on what he's asking you to do. If these "chores" are to clean up after yourself, then I agree with the dad. My sister and family just visited me this weekend and left a hurricane of a mess with dirty towels, sheets and dishes all over the place. It was a lot of work for me getting my house back in order. It would have been nice if she didn't act like she was at a hotel and I was her maid service.

RedPillSucks 31

Maybe he's making up for the 18 years you lived with him where you didn't do the chores.

enu_vastanii__ 9

Say the exact same thing to him when he visits. Always works!

Not that you shouldn't help out your dad, but the way this is worded (at least, hopefully it's only the way it's worded) sounds like your dad has either a drinking problem or is displaying the early stages of dementia for that kind of lapse in memory. Hopefully he was just trying to be sarcastic...I mean, my parents called me and my brother by each other's names all our lives but they still know neither of us lives there anymore.

howlingwolf89 16

Follow the rules but don't work for his lazy ass!

Sounds like you are spending too much time there...getting free meals?

I know you've to be respectful when visiting someone else's home but this takes the piss! I'd have just left. Say the same thing when he visits you.