By Dillyduzit - 20/10/2012 18:50 - Australia - Brunswick

Today, I tried to tell my best friend how wrong she is to be dating a married man, whose wife happens to be pregnant with their first child. Our talk ended with her calling me a "meddling, frigid bitch" and me being told this is why I can't get laid. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 235
You deserved it 2 812

Dillyduzit tells us more.

Dillyduzit 23

OP here. It's been three years since the incident, and I finally took the time to read all the comments and figured I can now do a complete follow-up. My best friend and I were in our senior year of high school, and the married man she was seeing was a few years older than us. I didn't know him or his wife. Basically, the guy had a long-term girlfriend who he left because he moved across the country, where he met my best friend. She dated him and lost her virginity to him, so he was her "first love" and that whole deal. He went back to his old town to visit friends and family, slept with his ex, and then came back to my best friend who didn't know. He found out his ex was pregnant, dumped my best friend, and married his ex who moved across the country to be with him and raise their family. My best friend was heartbroken, but I guess he was telling her that he still loved her and was only married to his wife because she was pregnant, but he would eventually leave his wife for her. She- being vulnerable and young- believed it and kept seeing him. Looking out for my friend's best interests, I tried to tell her that what she was doing was wrong- not just for the wife and kid, but for herself, because he obviously was using her and had no intentions of leaving his pregnant wife. She didn't like what I was saying and essentially told me to **** off. I didn't tell the wife (even though I wanted to) because I didn't know her and didn't need my best friend to be mad at me. I was kind of afraid of her because she has a very aggressive personality and I've always been very passive. But anyway, she eventually found someone else and ended things with the cheating asshole. It took some time though. Nevertheless, her and I are still friends. We dropped the "best" though and I keep her at arm's length because new incidents have arisen throughout the past couple of years that made me realize she doesn't deserve my friendship. Karma also helped a girl out and I'm happily married while she still searches for someone who will love her despite the fact that she's crazy. And you best believe I've been keeping my husband far away from her. Thanks for reading! Sorry this was so long.

Top comments

Tell her at least you're not so desperate to get laid that you'd chase after people who are already taken.

She's the bitch.... But I'm sure you put yourself out there you will get laid!

Comments

People like OPs friend.... Make me wanna punch babies. You're better off without a dumb, moral-less, slewt like her. If she can't see the problem, she never will get far. And he's a jackass too. Me? I'm the crazy one that would end up telling the wife because god knows I would not want to be wronged and would want the truth, I'd feel she'd want the same.

Would punching the yet to be born baby actually help this situation?

Apparently someone doesn't understand sarcasm... And I didn't say fetus.

she's your best friend? if you were married, she'll be the one banging your husband.

JJJJJakkkkeee 6

I wish it was still like the old days where when you got married, you were in it until death did you part; & you never even looked at someone else's spouse. Now, cheating and home wrecking is like some kind of sport or something. It's ridiculous.

this isn't the only generation with cheating, you know.

Ins0mau 20

In the old days. Things were swept under the carpet and kept hush hush more. They still happened.

infamous56 0

Your friend is a ***** ***** and you should not be friends with her anymore. And you should tell that wife that is being cheated on if you really care. I hate people who cheat they deserve the be beat senseless until they r a vegetable forever.

olpally 32

I believe a major **** punt is in order!!! What a *****...get rid of her... Now!

So she is willing to ruin two lives over her selfishness? And with you looking out for her? Some friend :/

rifletwirler92 15

I'm not sure who to hate more in this situation, the best friend who is obviously a bitch for willingly going for a married man with a pregnant wife, or the husband who is such a dickhole that he has to sleep around, probably for some bullshit reason that he can't go for a short amount of time without sex. They deserve each other, but I hope the wife at least finds out before long.

vero559 7

Your friend is a *****. And I hope karma catches up to her!

Sorry that your "best friend" is a skanky bitch, OP.. You should totally find the wife and tell her that her husband is a cheating prick. :/ Cheaters deserve to get shot, imo. If you can't stay with one person, don't even get in a relationship.

Dillyduzit 23

Wow. This was my FML that didn't get past moderation. She just changed a couple words around and used it as her own. Way to go, bitch.