By subduedbeast - 27/10/2014 18:48 - United States

Today, I took my girlfriend for what I thought would be a romantic horse-drawn carriage ride. We didn't expect the horse to die in the middle of it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 278
You deserved it 4 287

Same thing different taste

Comments

Have a romantic date learning to make glue.

You guys were probably horsing around too much!

Tsukiyomi 16

Well pack it in time to end that relationship

And the award for "Most Unexpected FML Ending" goes to...

OP here, this actually happened around Christmas time, a park near my house uses about 4 million Christmas lights and makes a hell of a display. The horse was an old Clydesdale named King, he was 22 and died of old age. He only pulled 3 days out of the week and never more than 4 people, we did still enjoy our night. We're just glad it happened to is and not some family with small children. Even though we did end up on a carriage with some great people with small kids, all I had to do was tell them our horse fell asleep and was covered with blankets because it was cold. And no we didn't get a refund, nor did we ask for one. Horses are animals, and animals die. Someone loved that horse and is more upset about his death than we were, if anything we have a hell of a story!

ostfaiz 18

good that u shared the cover story, RIP King :(

At least he died doing what he loved and was well cared for. A lot of these comments say carriage horses are treated inhumanely so I'm glad he was an exception and treated well.

The Monday project? Sorry I'm not sure what that is, but in case you were wondering the horse was a 22 year old Clydesdale name king and It happened at tiles park in St. Louis. Google it, there are news stories