By ArmyIT - 05/11/2014 23:42 - Korea, Republic of

Today, I took a army-mandated personality evaluation test. The results said I had a high chance of schizophrenia and multiple personality syndrome. Part of me says that the test is probably spot-on, the other part says it has to be a mistake. Apparently this is another sign of schizophrenia. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 897
You deserved it 3 150

ArmyIT tells us more.

It's not like it's something I just decided was a symtom. It was my psychiatrists opinion/word that it was. They now want me to do further testing. its just disheartening to know that I could lose my job over this.

Top comments

well let's wait for the third person to come in with the tie breaker

Comments

That sucks... One of my best friends was discharged from the Air Force for PTSD, but while still in Basic, not combat related (this was pre-9/11)... However, she was allowed to reenlist with clearance from a doctor, and did several tours in Afghanistan as an AF medic. So, even if discharged (I'm assuming you're US Army stationed in Germany...), you may qualify for reenlisting after you've been on proven treatment. But, if you do get discharged, it'd probably be a medical discharge/administrative separation and not a BCD. Won't screw up job chances. You just say it was for medical reasons in an interview.

drc2010 13

u can spell correctly and can clearly get ur point across without "talking to urself" like Amanda bynes so I don't think ur schizo ur too intelligent and BTW **** what everyone says I'm bipolar and have been diagnosed since age 12 I'm ******* 23 now and on no meds so don't wry its not so bad hun

Having schizophrenia doesn't always involve "talking to urself" and certainly doesn't mean that you aren't intelligent. What an ignorant thing to say.

Also a sign of psychic potential (if you believe in those things)

They actually say people with schizophrenia have high IQs and are usually very intelligent as long as they are able to apply themselves. My uncle was schizophrenic and he has two sons who have it also. One applied himself and is 1 of 5 crane operators in Pennsylvania and the other gets SSD and spends his days playing video games. So really it all depends if you allow yourself to get help or if you ignore it and act as if you can't get help or don't need it. (If you really have it) So really if you do have schizophrenia you are more than likely highly intelligent and would have no problem getting any job you apply yourself at. My mom also worked in a mental health unit at a hospital for 9 years even though she herself has bi polar. She told me that all of the schizophrenics she knew that were on the right medications were able to show that they are very intelligent. The ones who weren't on the right meds who needed it severely are just as intelligent but unfortunately they won't get help for it and therfor can't really apply themselves to prove it. I read a comment above that someone this person knows is on medications but he's "loopy/forgetful?" even though people that know him know he's intelligent. Has he tried other medications? I'm hoping that he can try other medications as I'm sure it's very hard for him to deal with that. I don't know much about schizophrenics other than the fact that they can show they are highly intelligent with the right circumstances. So saying that just because someone has a mental disorder means they are unintelligent is very untrue. Anyone can apply themselves whether or not they have a mental disorder they just need to get on the right medications whether it be this or ADHD or bipolar. Some people don't even need medications to apply themselves as they learn to deal without medications when symptoms are not as severe but if a Dr. Recommends medication I would listen as it can be a lifesaver. If someone would want a second opinion then go see another Dr. Or see if there are other reliable ways of dealing with any mental disorder. It's never to late to get help if it's needed and you haven't already. Unfortunately a lot of people never get diagnosed or get diagnosed incorrectly so if you do have those mental disorders then be happy it was found now before your whole life gets really screwed up over it. Some schizophrenics never get the help they need and become homeless or in mental institutions because of it and we don't want that to happen. If you truely do have this do not just ignore it please go see a Dr or 10 of you have to just to make sure. I truely wish you the best of luck and hope everything works out for you. It's definitely not the end of the world if they are correct about this. You can live a happy and normal life just like anyone else as long as you apply yourself and don't let this go untreated.

Good luck, man. Hope things work out. :(