By MenSuck - 01/09/2009 03:56 - United States

Today, I told the guy I have been sort of dating that I want to connect emotionally before sleeping with him. He told me that he already had an emotional connection with his fiancée and was only interested in sleeping with me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 410
You deserved it 9 107

mensuck tells us more.

Just to clear the air: 1.I'm not a ****, obviously, since I didn't sleep with the creep 2.I did not know about the girl 3.Sort of dating means: going on dates, kissing, holding hands, but not boyfriend/girlfriend (aka that weird stage when your facebook relationship status goes blank or to it's complicated) 4.Trust me, I ran very fast, and there were no obvious warning signs 5.Thanks for reading.

Top comments

mehwhateverr 0

well, when it comes to guys, basically its: handsome, mentaly stable, and single, except you can only pick 2

Comments

FleshForFantasy 3

He's an a-hole but atleast he was honest with you.

mcsnelly 5

PEOPLE!! THINK for a second! The "kind of dating" is pretty much a no-brainer if you actually think about it. It means that they were hanging out a lot, flirting, maybe even going out on "dates" that are just not specifically defined as dates. As in, the OP was thinking they were ALMOST dating...which is why the OP was talking to this guy about wanting an emotional connection--she was starting a conversation about "officially" dating!

bigcrazymike 6

I agree. She's not talking about a bf. This is just some guy who is already attached to someone else. He was honest with you and you couldn't handle it. YDI

mcsnelly 5

Uh, no she doesn't deserve it. She had no idea he was in a relationship. He should have told her. That makes him an asshole. She doesn't deserve anything for someone being an asshole to her.

I love to quote myself. "Yeah, dude, if you're only "sort of dating" what's with the "I want to emotionally connect before sex"? So you were going to have sex even when you were only "sort of dating"? Quite contradictory of the emotional connection part. Unless you were meaning you wanted to make your relationship serious, then you should have put it another way. Honestly, not much of a emotional connection if you basically say "yeah I'll have sex with you, but only if you agree to be seriously boyfriend and girlfriend" - once again, contradictory. Also it sounds to me like he was trying to pressure you into sex through your "relationship." That should be a red flag right there that he's not into you for you and that you need to ditch him." Has nothing to do with him being honest and her not being able to handle it. [edit] Eff, this was in response to the post above mine and its reply. Damn reply system faultiness...

mcsnelly 5

um how about they weren't quite dating so she was saying, hey let's start officially dating. And maybe she just felt like she should tell him right away that she wanted to wait for awhile to get to know each other before having sex, instead of, like some people do, just have sex right as soon as they are "officially" dating someone. No where does the OP imply that this guy was pressuring her into sex. No where does it say she that she wanted to have sex when they were only sort of dating. The wanting an emotional connection implies she wanted more of a relationship.

Yes, duh, but she should have never mentioned the sex part. There was no reason for her to. That makes it sound like "yeah if you agree we're official I'll screw you" OR it makes it sound like he was bringin the subject of sex up A LOT and thus she should have known he was no good.

mcsnelly 5

Uh, read the first part of my comment again. Maybe she just wanted to make it clear, right off the bat that if/when they started dating, she still didn't want to have sex right away. That's NOT saying "Let's trade sex for 'officially' dating!"

"Today, I told the guy I have been sort of dating that I want to connect emotionally before sleeping with him." Implied she actually mentioned the sleeping with him. I said that, depending on the situation, it then can be further inferred that either she said "say we're official and then we'll screw" (which does NOT mean that IS what she meant, but rather means that is a possible implication that he could have easily thought of and used against her) OR, if you would have continued to read my post, it meant that the man was constantly bringing up the subject of sex, and her first instinct then should have been to bail. But she has commented now.

mcsnelly 5

Just what I thought...you still have no idea what I said. Maybe read it a few more times? Will that work? Can you understand it then?

Hes an asshole but YDI for wanting to "connect emotionally" but not even picking up on the signs that he was already emotionally taken and just wanted to ****. Or maybe YDI just because you're a **** and don't realize it yet.

chrismace 11

I don't know why everyone thinks it was horrible that she actually wanted to be emotionally involved with a guy she was gonna have sex with not everyone is a ****. OP, the guy you were sort of dating is a totally ass hole. I would have kicked him in the balls and left, but not before find out his girl's number. I mean I would. You might not care about the guy or even know the girl, but it's possible she's someone like you and if he was going to cheat with you he is going to or probably is cheating with other people and she deserves to know.

GlumpyWonderCat 0

This is hilarious. And all you people are fucktards.

annamg 0

It's amazing how everyone seems to think it's okay for him to cheat on his future wife, as long as he's honest with the chick he wants to bang...?

Yeah, seriously.... especially since the chick he wants to bang does not want that kind of banging. This guy's all around dirt.

Just to clear the air: 1.I'm not a ****, obviously, since I didn't sleep with the creep 2.I did not know about the girl 3.Sort of dating means: going on dates, kissing, holding hands, but not boyfriend/girlfriend (aka that weird stage when your facebook relationship status goes blank or to it's complicated) 4.Trust me, I ran very fast, and there were no obvious warning signs 5.Thanks for reading.

mcsnelly 5

Who says "pre-dating"? I have never in my life heard that term.

Not every man sucks, but most do. This is coming from a man