By ugh - 15/01/2016 16:08 - United States

Today, I told one of my teachers I have to attend a family member's funeral on a day she's passing a test. She straight up asked if I could reschedule it, and if not if I could just give it a miss. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 340
You deserved it 1 444

Same thing different taste

Top comments

friedpwnadge 25

Tell her that next time, you'll have them die at a more convenient time.

FalloutScrolls 25

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a heartless bitch, your teacher is!

Comments

rpaul365 14

go straight to the dean. they will want proof, like an obituary or something else specific, but they can't refuse to excuse your absence

Mathalamus 24

I would do anything to skip a funeral... Two is my limit.

corky1992 33

Is that even allowed? I'm sure if you go to the principal or whoever in charge with proof that you were at a funeral that they'd make the teacher let you make it up. That's bullshit. I've never had a teacher not let me make up a test. A funeral is a reasonable excuse to miss.

I had the same problem with a college professor...in a World Religion class, oddly enough. Attend the funeral, but keep the date recorded. Keep a close eye on your grade for the class and, if it looks like you're going to get a failing or diminished grade because of it, report her to the principal or, if necessary, the Board of Education.

I read this wrong a couple of times and thought you'd asked to reschedule or give it a miss. But that is awful. Can you go higher up about it? Whenever I had something horrible happen in school, not only did my teachers know, but higher up knew as well (this was exams, and in asking for special consideration, not a funeral, but still)

JayeEra 5

For a second I thought she asked if you could reschedule the test lol. She's a heartless bitch

uchihadesendent 14

This teacher is all kinds of stupid sorry about the loss OP.

had this sane issue one, right in the middle of finnal exams. my teacher asked if i could be late? i got up and walked out. a week later she called me into her office, & so did my dad, my 7 uncles, my 9 aunts (couple divorced in there but still family), 35 male cousins, 16 female cousins, & my pastor. yeah she shut up quick.