By ugh - 15/01/2016 16:08 - United States

Today, I told one of my teachers I have to attend a family member's funeral on a day she's passing a test. She straight up asked if I could reschedule it, and if not if I could just give it a miss. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 340
You deserved it 1 444

Same thing different taste

Top comments

friedpwnadge 25

Tell her that next time, you'll have them die at a more convenient time.

FalloutScrolls 25

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a heartless bitch, your teacher is!

Comments

"Hi, yes I know they died but you can tell them to go ahead and come back up because we obviously did NOT schedule this thing correctly."

Asinger06 1

Are you sure she didn't mean that you schedule a time to make up the test? Then again, depending on how you are as a student, she may have felt reschedulin a test for you was pointless... but I am sorry for your loss.

GetUhome 12

regardless of whether theyre good or bad student you dont ask to just skip a funeral. obviously op isnt terrible is theyre asking to even make up a test. you seem just as inconsiderate as the teacher

"Im sorry my relative died at an inconvenient time for you. Il tell them to be more considerate next time" some people are just disgusting

I'm sorry for your loss. Your teacher sounds like a major ****.

She's a Major ****, who deserves some Corporal Punishment.

Certainly the General solution for such a Major ****.

TXlove 6

Teachers are assholes. I had one ask if I could just have surgery in her classroom so I wouldn't be so behind. **** her, go above her to the department head, or principal if you're in high school.

Teachers are definitely not assholes. Some teachers are, but a lot of them are nice good old boring people.

It depends on your experience. I've had 4 out of all 36 teachers I've had over the years not be assholes. Other people have nver had an ass hole teacher.

What the heck?? That is insane - why would they ask that? It is unhigienic to have it in a classroom and it never happens - what was going through their head?

Honestly I think she meant can you reschedule your time to take the quiz? And if you can't, just give a miss. Or maybe she really is coo coo.

BeautifulChaos27 37

I mean... how close of a family member are we speaking? Immediate family? Or like, a distant cousin you've seen maybe once in your life?

That's not the point! Family always comes first no matter how close or distant this relative might be, you always count on them and they could count on you, always.

BeautifulChaos27 37

Sadly, not all families are like that. My family doesn't get together for Thanksgiving, or Christmas, or any other event. My godparents, who are also my aunt and uncle, who mind you live 15 or 20 minutes down the road, haven't been in my life since I was 2. I'm 22 now. No family drama that I know of, it's just none of us bother to stay in contact, not even on facebook. It's the same way with all my aunts, uncles, cousins, ect. And that's just on my dads side, I haven't even MET the relatives on my moms side. I probably wouldn't even know if they passed, so it wouldn't make a difference in my life if they did. Unless it was my mom/dad/grandma/grandpa/brother I don't see how it's an important a thing to attend? Maybe I've just got a bad family.

Well, I'd understand if they had a fight or something but if not, why didn't they stay in touch ? I have quite a large family but I make a point of seeing my cousins once in a while, especially the ones that are 15-20 years younger than me, I want to be part of their lives so I do what it takes, and I live 4 hours away from them, so it's not easy. I can't understand why you would not keep in touch with your family unless you had a fight.

I'm sorry to read that you don't have a close family. Going to the funeral of a distant relative can be more about supporting the other family members that you are closer to rather than mourning the one that you lost.

I had a similar situation(my grandfather who helped raise me when my dad was traveling with the military)occur my Jr. Year of college during fall midterms. 3 of my professors understood and let me reschedule, 1 of them told me that he needed to see the obituary before he would let me reschedule. I went to the department head and the professor suddenly let me reschedule.

corky1992 33

Maybe he's had people lie about a funeral in the past? Still bullshit though. Glad you were able to get it rescheduled.

Thats absolutely normal. People lie to get out of tests all the time.

If you're in college talk to the dean about that.