By ugh - 15/01/2016 16:08 - United States

Today, I told one of my teachers I have to attend a family member's funeral on a day she's passing a test. She straight up asked if I could reschedule it, and if not if I could just give it a miss. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 340
You deserved it 1 444

Same thing different taste

Top comments

friedpwnadge 25

Tell her that next time, you'll have them die at a more convenient time.

FalloutScrolls 25

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a heartless bitch, your teacher is!

Comments

If you haven't already, talk to a Principal or who the heck ever is in charge of your school. Explain the situation to them and they might be able to help out. Edit: Also, sorry for your loss, OP. May your family member rest in peace.

WretchedOwls 11

I was really confused for a second, I thought the last sentence was in regard to rescheduling the test, which didn't seem unreasonable to me at all. makes sense now though, bitch is cold as ice.

OP, it's actually against school policies not to excuse students for family funerals so tell someone higher up and the teacher will be required to give you the test later or she'll get fired.

animenerd26 12

My boss said the same thing to a coworker once. People can be really inconsiderate.

silverbane27 13

School policy allows for beirebemnt time. Contact your dean

Dankmemes100 3

u should have told him or her to reschedule their attitude

lexiieeex3 32

Hi, I'm the OP for this FML... First off, it was my dad's younger sister who passed and while we aren't too close now she used to babysit me daily when I was younger and I held her as a role model for most of my childhood. We grew apart after she moved across the country but I don't think it really matters --family is family. I went to the head of the department and I am allowed to take the exam at a later date despite my teacher's ignorance. She's known for being a heartless bitch and honestly I detested the woman even before this stunt she pulled.

Take the fail and go to the funeral. Also, go to the administration, because that's one of those circumstances where you should be allowed a make up test.