By Anonymous - 15/03/2010 23:42 - Canada

Today, I told my parents I wanted to try modelling. I decided that since I have such a low self-esteem, that it might benefit me, and make me feel better about myself and how I look. The first thing out of my dad's mouth was, "What? Why? You're ugly." Thanks dad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 198
You deserved it 7 477

Same thing different taste

Top comments

if you have a low self-esteem, modeling is just about the worst thing to do. the industry is brutal and harsh. just like your father, apparently. but hey, he saved you some time.

Wow... I wouldn't know what to say to him. I probably would have kicked him in the balls and blamed him for my being ugly. Well, if you're really ugly at least you know not to try... And if you're not, just go for it. You might have something to throw back in your dad's face.

Comments

Trying modeling to help your low self esteem? Uh, having your worth based on your weight and looks? Being put down by models who look better than you, or always being around beautiful people and not fitting in? You think that might help? The low self esteem thing should take a backburner, what you should really be working on is your smarts

Well, hopefully he accepts his half of the blame for your ugliness.

First of all, your dad is a cake eater and idiot. Second, most models are weird looking anyway. So if what your father said was true you should fit right in. Third, I always make points in three's.

If only B_S_R were here to tell you the cake is a lie...

U shouldve said it's from his genes. ;)

Parents are the absolute worst to tell anyone anything, especially if you have self-esteem issues. I grew up wanting to be a comic artist (leaning towards storybook illustrator now) and every time I showed my Mom anything, she'd make me feel like utter shit. I felt that because I wasn't a professional right away, I couldn't do anything at all. Took me 4 years to get back to drawing because I felt so bad about it.

Fminetoo 0

I couldn't agree with you more. Parents seem to be insensitive with childrens dreams. I used to spend money and buy performance parts for my older Mustang. My parents told me i was stupid for doing so. I tried to explain to them that my car was my resume. It was in every sense, it showed all of my skills and talents. I even met a Ford engineer a year ago at a car show, an engineer that worked to design the Ford GT. We were shooting the bull, and after about an hour of talking, I let him take my car for a spin. He came back and told me what i had built was simply amazing and different. He proceeded to ask why I wasnt going to school to become an Automotive High Performance Tech. He even told me I would have a chance with making it onto one of the Ford Racing teams working on the race Mustangs. O well, live and learn, now im majoring in a Nursing program that i may not ever graduate from.

xxreikoxx 31

When it comes to your self-esteem, fathers are meant to be ignored...more specifically, the ones that are jerks. For those who high-fived the OP's dad, you obviously live inside of a picture-perfect world in which mommy and daddy are still paying your way through life. Wait until you turn eighteen. OP, go for it! You deserve to have a good self-esteem, despite what these haters are saying.

Frick, seriously. It is his fault if you are ugly. His genes are in you. Other than that though, I say go for it. You could have one of those "unique" looks that someone is looking for. You never know.

seriously modeling will only bring your self esteem down. even the prettiest skinniest girls get criticized in the industry. so model's the WORST choice to bring up ur self esteem.

everyone is beautiful in some way. don't listen to your dad hun. do what makes you happy.

How come some posts have an arrow on the lower right side. What is this for? It just brings up the comment box on my phone.