By CreamGravy - 06/10/2013 13:54 - Australia - Brisbane

Today, I told my coworkers that I was going on a date tonight so they would think I have a social life. One of them spotted me while I was eating alone at McDonalds. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 060
You deserved it 30 514

CreamGravy tells us more.

Well to be honest I made the whole thing up because I got tired of being that one guy at work who can't get a girlfriend. It's a small place, there are only 8 of us who work there, and I'm the only one that's single, so I get jokes about it quite a lot. They're nothing bad, I know it's all in fun, but yesterday someone made yet another joke about it and for some reason I just blurted out that I had a date tonight. As soon as I did I figured might as well go with the story, so when I got questioned about it I made up a fake name and description for the girl as well. The best part is that I told everyone I was taking her to this really fancy and expensive restaurant, so when they saw me at McDonalds it was ironic actually. Luckily for me today is a holiday, but I have a feeling tomorrow the mocking is going to be worse than ever. I voted YDI by the way.

Top comments

I guess it didn't turn out to be one happy meal... :D

you should've just told them that you got stood up.

Comments

u cud hav told she's in washroom or she got a call ... :p

Rainhawk94 27

this comment wants me to drive my head into the wall

Sweetpea22 14
cheshirecat13242 32

Secrets don't make friends, OP...Neither do lies

So? Not all dates include taking her out to dinner. You might have been taking her out later on to a swinger's club instead. :P

What's the point of lying? You'll just keep digging yourself in a bigger hole when they start asking for details like: • "what's her name?" • "got a pic?" • "you guys have been going out for 8 months already, can we finally meet her?"

And that's what the drive-through is for :)

or you could say that your date went to the restroom when you met your friend

Say she bailed and you decided to go to Mcd's.

Why do people think they need to lie about their social lives to impress people who don't care about them? Enjoy your single life and when you do find someone to be with, you'll be happy you had that time to get to know yourself better and mature before settling down.

just say it wasn't a dinner date you went on and that you had thought you should grab a bite to eat afterward.