By CreamGravy - 06/10/2013 13:54 - Australia - Brisbane

Today, I told my coworkers that I was going on a date tonight so they would think I have a social life. One of them spotted me while I was eating alone at McDonalds. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 058
You deserved it 30 513

CreamGravy tells us more.

Well to be honest I made the whole thing up because I got tired of being that one guy at work who can't get a girlfriend. It's a small place, there are only 8 of us who work there, and I'm the only one that's single, so I get jokes about it quite a lot. They're nothing bad, I know it's all in fun, but yesterday someone made yet another joke about it and for some reason I just blurted out that I had a date tonight. As soon as I did I figured might as well go with the story, so when I got questioned about it I made up a fake name and description for the girl as well. The best part is that I told everyone I was taking her to this really fancy and expensive restaurant, so when they saw me at McDonalds it was ironic actually. Luckily for me today is a holiday, but I have a feeling tomorrow the mocking is going to be worse than ever. I voted YDI by the way.

Top comments

I guess it didn't turn out to be one happy meal... :D

you should've just told them that you got stood up.

Comments

Oh, my date Ronald just went to the washroom... Ronald McDonald

vuduguru 5

you lied, ydi, should've asked them to go out

It's okay to be alone sometimes. Maybe they'll just think your date stood you up, although that's not much better.

Wizardo 33

No shame I'm being single or anything, try hanging put with your coworkers more and suddenly you'll manifest your own social life.

Ydi OP for lying. Don't lie and meet up new people or hangout with old friends. Good luck :-)

why don't you find an actual person to ask on an actual date? or even an actual friend to hang out with not on a date? YDI for lying about something so silly.

Dodge4x4Ram 46

this isn't what it looks like :-P

YDI for lying, and then go out alone on a place where people easily can spot you.

cgart96 15

Should have used the drive-thru. Lol