By CreamGravy - 06/10/2013 13:54 - Australia - Brisbane

Today, I told my coworkers that I was going on a date tonight so they would think I have a social life. One of them spotted me while I was eating alone at McDonalds. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 060
You deserved it 30 514

CreamGravy tells us more.

Well to be honest I made the whole thing up because I got tired of being that one guy at work who can't get a girlfriend. It's a small place, there are only 8 of us who work there, and I'm the only one that's single, so I get jokes about it quite a lot. They're nothing bad, I know it's all in fun, but yesterday someone made yet another joke about it and for some reason I just blurted out that I had a date tonight. As soon as I did I figured might as well go with the story, so when I got questioned about it I made up a fake name and description for the girl as well. The best part is that I told everyone I was taking her to this really fancy and expensive restaurant, so when they saw me at McDonalds it was ironic actually. Luckily for me today is a holiday, but I have a feeling tomorrow the mocking is going to be worse than ever. I voted YDI by the way.

Top comments

I guess it didn't turn out to be one happy meal... :D

you should've just told them that you got stood up.

Comments

JokersHQ 21

Just say you were grabbing a bite to eat before you went on your date.

Ouch..maybe say you were waiting for them to show?

Just tell him your date stood you up, or it wasn't going well so you ended it early.

perdix 29

Tell them you took the girl out for sushi and she gave you a *******, then you dumped her off at home and went out for real food.

be happy.. think positive .. you have saved money. enjoy :D

Just say you got stood up and hope they don't read this. Good luck living it down op.

Well hopefully you meet someone soon op there is always that special someone that you never expect but she'll be there

And that was when he sat down, took your hand and offered to buy you the happy meal so that he could see that beautiful smile again. You sat together the whole night talking, sparking a love affair full of lust, passion and romance. A year later he proposes. Wait, you mean this isn't a movie?

christge1beast 17

While I think you shouldn't have lied, you could have said you got ditched. But lesson learned (I hope), don't lie.