By Anonymous - 19/01/2012 19:45 - United States

Today, I spent two hours filling out an online application and questionnaire for a potential employer. The application stated that there were no right or wrong answers and to answer truthfully. I was automatically rejected. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 419
You deserved it 5 386

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There are no right or wrong answers, but they are looking for somebody to work for them. So if the question was "Do you drink?" and you put "Yes, even while driving" the answer is not wrong, but you won't get the job :/

If at first you don't succeed, you aren't Chuck Norris.

Comments

I've learned from my business class that there are wrong answers for applications. Like if they ask for your weaknesses you put "I'm a perfectionist." Otherwise the chance of you getting hired is lowered.

16 Do not use 'I'm a perfectionist' as your weakness. Every employer has heard that a million times from every applicant with internet access. It makes you look like a moron.

perdix 29

I tell them, "I lie a lot," and then add others. They don't know what to believe.

So true, Zeb, but it sucks because that *is* my biggest weakness. I'll have to dig deep to find another flaw in my character; it won't be easy. Hmmm, "I'm too modest"?

constipatedlady 0

You're right. You say some minor flaw then tell the emoployer what you do to ensure that this flaw does not affect productivity or bother coworkers. That shows that you're self aware and dedicated to learning and improvement. How dumb are these people?

Hmmm have I ever raped a child..... (Ticks yes box)

TalkingTowelTim 0

Don't be sad, you did the impossible! You beat the system!

Eh.. You were prob to good for that job anyways.

Those applications are meant to find the best liars. o.o Everyone knows this.

Well, you shouldn't have put the details of how many sexual charges you have.

ashesofempires04 7

Corporate questionnaires do have right and wrong answers. They tell you otherwise to sort the idiots from the smart people, the yes men from the smart people, and then they hire the yes men. It doesn't always work, but it clearly got the better of you.