By Anonymous - 19/01/2012 19:45 - United States

Today, I spent two hours filling out an online application and questionnaire for a potential employer. The application stated that there were no right or wrong answers and to answer truthfully. I was automatically rejected. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 420
You deserved it 5 387

Same thing different taste

Top comments

There are no right or wrong answers, but they are looking for somebody to work for them. So if the question was "Do you drink?" and you put "Yes, even while driving" the answer is not wrong, but you won't get the job :/

If at first you don't succeed, you aren't Chuck Norris.

Comments

For those questionnaire applications just tell em what you think they wanna hear

HeyImAmy 20

That happened to me once. I was applying to Walmart and I filled out their online questionnaire. I failed. They want you to choose what you think is the right answer but they really pay attention to what you put down. Like everyone said, if the question is "a man with a knife walks up to your register and wants to rob you, what do you do?" and you put "scream like a little girl" as the answer, sure that's what you would do but it's not the correct thing to do. They look for people who can do the job the right way so that their are not lawsuits filed against the company or angry customers or any other problems.

bubo_fml 10

Why would you want to work w/a bunch of stiff necked, tight asses anyway? Tell 'em 2 roll up that application & pole their holes w/ it!

tessabreanne 1

You must be new to online applications. Sucks for you

FYL. You were going to be rejected anyways. At least you were honest with your answers and didn't waste anyone's time.

I work for a company that provides these types of tests, and yes, there are wrong answers. It doesn't give you just a flat score with our, though, you get evaluated on a bunch of different categories. If where you are isn't where the employer is looking, you're hosed. Interestingly enough it's also very difficult to 'cheat' a test like that, at least if it's developed well. Ours have accuracy readings based on conflicting answers and unusual responses, and you can land perfectly within range on everything else but fail that part. My advice? Take it seriously, and answer honestly - but keep yourself in the mindset of "I'm looking for a job here." It expects you to accentuate the positive and try to downplay the negative, so if you're brutally honest, FAIL. But if you're too awesome, FAIL. You're kind of stuck either way.

I have been there b4 very annoying. They ask the same questions over and over in different ways to determine if you are going to lie.