By chefdujour - 15/03/2009 04:56 - United States

Today, I spent 5 hours preparing dinner for my fianc''s grandparents, whom I've never met. At dinner, his grandmother says to him, "If you're going to pick someone to spend the rest of your life with, at least make sure she can cook." I'm the executive chef at a 4 star restaurant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 98 054
You deserved it 5 727

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Further proof that some grandparents/parents will be negative - no matter what.

And? Maybe they just have bad taste in food, or you honestly messed up. If you know you're good, it's not a big deal, really.

Comments

JuJuBean 0

Old and Disagreeable. Just smile.

This is a fake. Sure you could become an executive chef at a young age. I know a few in their twenty's. Michelin stars are out of three not four or five.

What's with all the "Michelin stars are out of three"-type comments? You think that Michelin is the only company to have ratings for restaurants? I thought that the big big big name in restaurant guides was Zagat's, though I could be mistaken.

Based on the story it isn't necessarily a negative comment.... If you are the exec. chef at a great restaurant, you shouldn't have trouble pleasing the grandparents. Maybe you cooked something too adventurous for them?

they got bad taste buds...they are pretty ol' after all...don't sweat. ;)

why is that bad? the grandma is meerly making a comment i mean, you were only preparing the food she hasnt tasted it yet, clam down :)

so many people post stuff about "and i'm actually *fill in the blank with occupation that makes you actually pretty good at task in question*", so why don't you guys just say I'M A F***CKING EXECUTIVE CHEF AT A 5-STAR (step it up a notch ;-D how's she gonna know) RESTAURANT!!! WHAT THE HELL HAVE YOU DONE LATELY OLD HAG

may_cause_fail 0

They're probably just not used to your style of cooking. Don't sweat it.

Are you sure she wasn't saying that you were a good choice because you can cook? If not then clearly she has bad taste.

I agree that she approved his choice to marry subby. It all depends on how she said it though.