By TheyObjectToTheUnholyUnion - 29/01/2016 12:51 - United States - Rochester

Today, I received yet another letter from a relative bitching me out for not involving my parents in my wedding. The parents who showed no interest in our relationship and then yelled at my fiancé and me when we announced it to them, calling us stupid, naive, heathens, and mentally ill. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 051
You deserved it 1 734

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Did your parents really expect to be invited after that? They might be your parents but doesn't mean you have to accept that behavior at your wedding.

Comments

saffy66 34

In your shoes, I'd be sending a form letter back to everyone trying to interfere, explaining that it's none of their business and if they don't quit trying to interfere, they won't be included either.

Ninjerman 7

I can very nearly relate. You have my sympathy

It seems to me that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree in your family, or at least it applies to most (if not all) until you entered the picture. I sure hope that these relatives of yours is not invited.

shepardkinz 19

My mother wasn't too supportive when my sister first told her she was engaged. For some time, she was very negative about it, and she openly told my sister how she felt (which, to be honest, I shared her opinions, but that's another story). She came around eventually and is now excited about it and is involved in the planning with her. This may not be the same in this case, but maybe stay on good terms with the parents and invite them to be involved? I'm not saying what they said is right, but they may still come around.

leogachi 15

@76 If they call Op to apologize and offer their support then I would agree with letting them be involved. At this time, however, Op should not be trying to make their parents feel welcome because they haven't done anything to earn that privilege.

Costs 35 cents to send a letter, but it's free to mind your damn, motherfucking business bitch...

There's just one part of this story I don't understand: who still sends letters in 2016?

One less dinner plate to pay for! Family is who you want it to be. I gave up trying with most of mine and my life is better for it!

Both my brother and my fiancés mom actively tried to break us up; I feel your pain. Personally I want to elope and say screw it to everyone.

Let them bitch away, this is your day! Do it exactly the way you want it, and enjoy it!