By extrashiftwhoo - 04/11/2016 13:59 - Australia - Preston

Today, I really didn't want to go to work. Still, I showed up for work early on the busiest night of the week and stayed back until past 10 p.m. Exhausted, I went to sign off the roster when I realised that, in fact, I was not rostered on for today at all. I'm on tomorrow, though. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 882
You deserved it 3 523

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CAT47LOVE 19

just talk to your boss, im sure he will understand. if not then YDI anyway for not making sure you actually work that day. hope everything worked out.

And no one said anything? I hope it's just because the place busy and no one realised, not that anyone was taking advantage of you.

Comments

I did this earlier this week! The same thing!

If you have to sign off, I'm assuming you had to sign on to begin your day.. You didn't notice then that you were not rostered for the day?

Rule #1 always check your Schedule. Specially knowing your schedule changes often as it sound.

The world sincerely needs to up the humanity quotient. Sorry for your situation OP. Hope you informed your superiors later on.

Maybe they'll let you off tomorrow since you were on today...?

wow! I've fumbled a few times like that. or I've not clocked in for the 13hr shift and found out at the end when I tried to leave. you need more sleep lol

LOL! You poor dear. I have done similar things in the past, woke up groggy, forgot I was off, volunteered to go in anyway due to need at work. Others, scheduled for 1/2 day, forgot, worked full day and did not realize till I got off. No problems. Still paid. They needed me and would have had to re-arrange patient load had I left, which is a pain in the rump, so no worries :)

you still get paid right? other than that that's this is your fault