By outthelabyrynth - 17/03/2014 19:41 - Netherlands - Egelshoek

Today, I realized I'm so scared of my manager that I don't even dare to quit my job. The same job I want to quit exactly because I'm so scared of her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 817
You deserved it 10 375

outthelabyrynth tells us more.

First things first: I'm a girl, and I'm not a prostitute. (That would pay much better, though) I work at a restaurant with several managers who are all quite nice, but she's the boss of the whole restaurant so she's in charge of everything. Now the thing is, she's quite nice to everyone... Except to me. I don't know what she has against me, but working with her is like getting a constant shitstorm over you. Always mean comments, giving me the worst tasks, and no matter how I improve myself, it's never good enough. She keeps telling me I'm too stupid to work there (which I'm not, I have higher qualifications than everyone there, but I need the money to save up for college) and when other people make a mistake, she blames me for it. At this restaurant, when you want to quit, you have to tell her personally. The worst she can do is indeed yell at me. I'm not a shy person, but when people get angry at me or start yelling, I get really quiet and submissive and I feel like shit. I'll probably search for another job first, and then make up a believable story for why I want to quit, so she can't get too mad at me. Thanks for all the support and I'll do my best to stand up!

Top comments

colton_colton 49

Just quit and then RUN. You can make it OP :)

Wizardo 33

Unless you work for a bounty hunting firm, firm up and quit. Being so scared at work is hardly worth it.

Comments

Stand up to her and quit your job. You'll feel better once you've done it I'm sure.

olpally 32

Just email her, that's the best way to do it if you're that scared.

Don't you usually have to give a letter of resignation and at least 2 weeks notice for quitting? That's tough in an email.

Send the email with your letter and state that your taking your hollidays in leu of 2 weeks notice

BUURRRRRRN THE PLACE DOWN!!!!!! no actually just tell her you quit! theres nothing she can do so no reason to be afraid

What's she gonna do spank ya. Then again you might like it. Grow a pair !!

In this case, goto the HR, they will process the resignation for you. worst case scenario, she will yell and you can then sue her for harrassment. Viel Glück!

sohigh10 34

in the Netherlands we don't just sue for trivial things like that

Bit of a catch 22 here. Want to quit because you're scared, but too afraid to quit. I hope you get up the courage to leave. Best of luck. I know what it's like to have a shitty job -_-

If you don't need a reference just stop showing up. That sounds like a terrible enviroment to be in.

look at it this way, once you quit you never have to fear her again. good luck!

conman531 23

Write a resignation, slip it under her office door or whatever, and leave, although I believe you should put in your two weeks notice too. This is a bit of a conundrum