By PollingLow - 10/05/2012 15:45 - United States - Decatur

Today, I ran for editor-in-chief of a magazine. I spent hours working on my speech, and offered a bunch of new ideas to increase readership. My opponent just said that she, "loved the organization". I lost by a 4-1 margin. My opponent later announced her plans for next year. They were all of my ideas. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 726
You deserved it 2 364

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tehaustiebear 34

Sounds just like every presidential canidacy.

Comments

Sorry to hear that Dude. My feeling is that you lost because: A: She is hot and the people voting were male. B: The voting panel was primarily female. C: She's the office suck-up and kisses everyone's ass so she got the popular vote. D: She blew and/or ate out four of the five people on the voting panel to win. People like her get their come uppance later on when she has to operate on her own brains and fails. Stick in there, you'll get what you deserve!

itsame0987 18

You're an idiot. She probably got the job because she was more qualified and had been there longer. Heaven forbid a woman gets a job over a man. Welcome to the 21st century. Men like you make me sick you chauvinistic pig.

Don't call him an idiot, idiot. You used the word probably, which means that it could happen. And it does. I'm certainly not saying all women do, but quite a few will do anything to get a job. A lazy and stupid interviewer or human resources manager are corrupt enough to hire double D staff because of their looks, you cannot argue that. Women can use their bodies and suggestible personalities to get ahead of men, although not all do. So therefore women can have an unfair advantage over a male, if the interviewer is male or female. Good day.

Thank you SKoomaKi. I was crying in the corner over her caustic remarks. I very much appreciate you coming to my defense *oink*!

#77 - It's no problem. I help my friends.

3rdbass 9

That's politics, OP! You win some you lose some but don't let it get you down! You could get started on your next campaign even if it says OP 2014. At least they will have someone to go to if and when she fails before the year is out.

itsame0987 18

Op ydi big time. You were stupid enough to give specifics of your ideas in front of her, and deserved to have them stolen. Next time here's a great idea - keep your specific detailed ideas to yourself until you get the job.

benikki 0

He was making a speech smart ass, yu have to have ideas for the part yu are wanting... How would they have known he knows what the hell he is doing if he didnt have ideas???? Even though the bitch won, and took his ideas.. He still showed he is right for the job and when she fails in front of every damn person in the building, it will finally be his time to shine...

Her speech was that she loved the organization. I'm all for women qualifying for jobs, but If that's all she came up with in addition to OP's ideas then you know she isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

She probably promised a lot of blow jobs.

Fonze13 0

How did she get your ideas ?

They probably got to listen to each other's speeches.

I'm going to guess that she was listening to OP's speech...

oops. sorry. someone said that a minute before me. great minds think alike :)

Chances are she probably got it due to social pressure to get women Into more higher placed jobs. Sexism in its purest. But to them it's not because they're fighting the sexism. So basically trying to put out an imaginary fire with a real one, thus burning people like op.

perdix 29

Your speech was boring and tedious, but her remarks were brief and to the point. Who would be a better editor? Get some breast implants before the next election (yeah, I know you're a dude.)

xxmckenzierae 5