By 3LLI0TT - 06/10/2009 22:23 - United States

Today, I poured my heart out into what had to be my greatest set of lyrics for my band ever, at the same time my teacher was explaining chemical changes to the class. At the end of the lecture he picked up my paper, and set it on fire to demonstrate a chemical change. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 275
You deserved it 33 817

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I am a teacher. Even if a student is not paying attention in class, I would never take their piece of paper away and set it on fire. Tell them to put it away, yes. Confiscate it for the rest of the period, yes. But destroying something of a student's is completely disrespectful. Some might argue that it's disrespectful to do other work during class, and I'd agree. However, the teacher shouldn't have taken that harsh of a measure to discipline him. Being a teacher doesn't give you license to be a bitch.

Comments

jchansfan 0

Okay, I love music, so I don't wanna hear anyone go "You just don't understand what its like to love music balh blah blah", but the OP kinda did deserve it. I find it hard to get too sympathetic because, while it is kinda annoying, what the teacher did is also kinda funny. Plus, if the lyrics really were that truly amazing, and that much fro m the heart, I'm surprised he can't remember them. I may not be a good lyricist, but I can remember songs I wrote years ago. In fact I've got songs I started writing years ago that aren't even on paper(Actually, I think they are, but I have no idea where the notebook i used is, most of the songs were incomplete anyways...) and i still remember the lyrics to them. Jeez, I really need to get my musical act together and finish those songs... Anyways, OP, I'm sorry for your loss, but maybe in class while the teacher is speaking is a bad time to write lyrics. If they were as good as you say, hopefully they will come back to you, or maybe spome even better lyrics will... =)

should have been paying attention in class

YDI for writing shitty lyrics instead of learning.

whatulookinat 0

I'm listening to Billy Idol, I wish I could curl my lip like he does, it's sooooooo cool when he does that.

whatulookinat 0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdG2JrgeWY4

Knowledge of basic chemistry is extremely useful for cooking. Unless you never plan to cook for yourself, the only reason you never learned anything in chemistry that you can't apply to real life is either because you never paid attention or because you're unimaginative when it comes to applying theoretical knowledge to practical situations. In both cases, your fault, not chemistry's.

You don't study geometry so you can kick triangle ass. You don't study chemistry because they expect you will McGyver your way out of some hostage situation. The subject matter is a vehicle to study how to work logically through problems.

thefury 0

As for music and chemistry, it is well know that a large fraction of scientists are talented musicians. Music has structure and rules, and chemistry is all about that shit.

Now the way I look at it you had 2 options. 1) write lyrics in chemistry class in hope your band makes it big someday and you become rich and able to buy useful things such as meth Or 2) pay attention in chemistry and learn how to make a meth lab, that way you can become rich by selling and still have your meth, and by then you won't care about music. Personally I would have payed attention because itvis the more realistic way of getting your fix of meth. Remember kids, drugs are bad ( when you pay a lot for them).