By chubrubber - 04/09/2016 18:57 - United States - Bronx

Today, I participated in a walk for charity. Even though I was supposed to walk 5K, I stopped after 3K because the pain from my thighs rubbing together nearly sent me to tears. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 046
You deserved it 2 362

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dancersrule1 26

Google "Bandelettes. " They are a life saver for possessors of thunder thighs like you and me! Good for men and women! Legalize Thunder Thighs!

3k is still a good amount of money... I'm proud of you, op.

Comments

neuronerd 28

Try wearing capri length workout pants. You'll get there. I used to be stuck at a 5km, which eventually turned to a 10km workout several days a week, and now up to 10 miles each workout.

you are out there being active, that is all that matters. progress is eventual, not over night.

3k is a great job. Be proud of what you did accomplish and don't think of it in terms of what you didn't do. As far as the thigh rub it can be painful. I bought a couple pairs of silky lingerie shorts that fit great under everything even my jeans so when my thighs are raw they feel great and keep it from getting worse. For future walks make sure to rub deodorant on your thighs before you start, it will help keep the chafing down.

Don't give up, and don't feel bad, this is a common but unspoken problem even by runners who are fit. Try some chalk, deodorant sticks or babypowder, and maintain a comfortable level of aerobic activity that's suited to you. You will persevere so long as you don't give up.

I buy an extra stick of deodorant and rub some right where my thighs rub! Always works for me even when exercising! Other friends have suggested baby powder but doesn't work for me that well!

As a fellow big legged person, Gold Bond Friction Stick is one of the best things ever!

I literally created an account just to comment on this. Buy Monistat chafing relief gel. It is AMAZING. I tried the other stuff - shorts underneath (they'd ride up), baby powder, and antipersperant. Nothing worked. Monistat works like a charm! It creates a silky barrier. At groceries it's located by the monistat yeast infection stuff, or it's on amazon :) Great job on 3k by the way!!!!

You should try spanks shorts. They don't ride up, and you get the added bonus of being covered when the wind tries to pull a Marilyn Monroe on you.

Use aerosol deodorant! It works wonders